IPad Facetime on Aurora...yes..no?

Gettysburg

I have purchased an internet card for our forthcoming cruise on aurora

Is it possible to face time back to the UK from the ship?

Thanks

Not sure what you mean by an Internet card but I would say that the internet speed is not fast enough for facetime/skype when at sea. Best used when in port at a free wi-fi hotspot, some ports have them in the terminal buildings, others you need to find a friendly cafe/bar.

Thanks

I took an ipad with me on our last cruise on Aurora. Wasn't worth it. the internet is pitifully/painfully slow, and the ipad kept dropping out anyway. There was something about why it did that in horizons I think once.

As others have said ,use the free wifi ashore. If you use the onboard most of your time will be spent looking at an egg timer...

Looks like I have just blown £35 then

Surely if the wifi onboard is that bad that it so slow or you cant get on it then maybe they will give me a refund for selling me a product that does not work

I thought Aurora had ship wide wifi now, whats the point if it does not work

Thanks

Hi

We brought the Internet package for Azura in Feb, took IPad, we found reception pretty good on the whole for FaceTime from Caribbean to UK ,in the odd port we had to run Down from cabin to glasshouse as the signal strength was very slow,

Will certainly do it again next year.

Hi

We brought the Internet package for Azura in Feb, took IPad, we found reception pretty good on the whole for FaceTime from Caribbean to UK ,in the odd port we had to run Down from cabin to glasshouse as the signal strength was very slow,

Will certainly do it again next year.

Sorry meant to add we received FaceTime in port and at sea, the Internet package was 30 pounds for 100 mins plus 20 free plus 2.50 connection fee once we went to library to get passwords.

Mrs Blue Sky

I took a Samsung Galaxy on Azura in Feb. The On Board wifi worked very well. Wifi in ports was better but depended on how many others were trying to use it.

I would say that I'd probably not bother buying the on board service again.

Looks like I have just blown £35 then

Surely if the wifi onboard is that bad that it so slow or you cant get on it then maybe they will give me a refund for selling me a product that does not work

I thought Aurora had ship wide wifi now, whats the point if it does not work

The main problem is not on board but that the satellites the ship has to connect with haven't been upgraded since they were put in place years ago, and P&O aren't the only ships at sea accessing them. They have no control over the fact that it is slow and drops out.

Archived