Serenity question

txtara

I just read that the age for the serenity area is 21...don't know how I missed that. Do you think they will have a problem with just me and my 18 year old daughter hanging out there?

I just read that the age for the serenity area is 21...don't know how I missed that. Do you think they will have a problem with just me and my 18 year old daughter hanging out there?

I could be very wrong, but I think if she *looks* 18, and behaves herself, they will probably not demand to see her I.D. or anything. Mostly it seems the rule is enforced for young teens and kids. :)

Maybe someone else can confirm/correct. I just don't see the serenity staff being that concerned.

The worst that will happen is that they will ask her to leave the area. So it's not really a gamble. Just take her and act natural. Even if they ask her to leave the area on Day 1, a different person will be there minding the area the next day, if not later the same day. Don't sweat the small stuff, just go for it. There are no penalties on this one.

OMG, RULE BREAKER!!! I suppose she'll claim 10 chairs and use oranges to secure them!!! She probably doesn't even dress up for dinner and orders 2 entree's...

Seriously, just don't have her SS card with her. No one will care either.

of course. she's not 21.

Regardless of what h82seaUgo says, I doubt seriously that they will give you a problem. Why would they, when they don't enforce the chair hogs rule? :o I certainly wouldn't worry about it.....

"SKY"

of course. she's not 21.

Wow. I keep seeing these threads that seem nice enough to start with, then turn nasty with the do-gooders (with H82seaUgo being a very regular "contributor". I joined here recently to take part, but based on the frequency of "regulars" trashing just about anything I'll skip it.

Incidentally, H82seaUgo, I don't think a lot of people would hate to see you go.

Seriously, CCers... I've been on a lot of forums in my day, and this one is near the top in terms of the a-hole quotient. Hoping this doesn't extend to the cruise.

This trip is a graduation trip for the two of us....with 2 little sisters at home she will enjoy the quiet time. I was looking forward to the quiet time for just the 2 of us. I can assure you there have been many under 21's in the serenity area and just wanted to know others experiences as I equated adults to 18.

And she will be taking a seat from someone who is actually entitled to use the area.

At the risk of sounding snarky, she's not of age. Why not just sit elsewhere? Then you don't have to even think about someone asking her to leave. That seems more relaxing and serene.

Enjoy the time with your daughter! I had much rather her take a chair than for 21 and olders to save them!

Amen. Or worse, people lying down sleeping on the couches in the shade. Those couches could hold 5-6 people but we saw several people laying down, all spread out, a single person occupying the whole couch taking a nap. And no other couches available. What's wrong with the bed in your cabin if you want a nap on soft cushions? :confused:

I think the rule should have more to do with how people *act*, rather than the chronological age. I know adults in their 40's or 50's who are not at all serene, and should never impose themselves on the Serenity Deck, where as my 15-year-old would be plenty mature enough to act like an adult there (although she would find it boring.)

I thought it was 18+

If she isn't "21" then she doesn't belong in the Serenity area, she will be using a chair that someone else could use. Sorry if I sound like an @$$ but the Serenity area is the one place where adults can get away from the kids.

There are plenty of other areas on the ship that you can go with your daughter.

If she isn't "21" then she doesn't belong in the Serenity area, she will be using a chair that someone else could use. Sorry if I sound like an @$$ but the Serenity area is the one place where adults can get away from the kids.

There are plenty of other areas on the ship that you can go with your daughter.

I don't think you sound like an a$$ at all..I agree. Although I'm sure she would be a well behaved adult, the Serenity deck fills up fast and she would be taking the chair of someone that is the correct age that wants to use that area.

Archived