What is your favorite wrinkle free material?

Ok Ladies,

I love this section of the board! You're like my own little Carrie Bradshaw's (I'm not so hot with fashion lol). So, I have a question.

With all the new weight restrictions for luggage, I'm trying to put together a week of lightweight/wrinkle free outfits. I'm thinking with clothes that weight less than cotton, I might be able to pack a few more outfits.

So far I have a few outfits that are made of the following combos:

- 92% Nylon/8% spandex.

- 95% Polyester and 5% spandex.

- 63% Polyester 33% rayon 4% spandex

What are your favorite travel materials? Again, wrinkle free and lightweight are my primary concerns.

Cheryl :)

J Jill has a nice line called Wearever Knits. I don't know the exact fiber content off-hand but if you go to their website and search for Wearever you'll see the collection. I like the pants and full cropped pants. I'm not so crazy about their tops as I prefer cotton or something breathable (e.g., CoolMax) in hot weather.

I no longer pack a bunch of "travel knit", I'm a little weary of it after a few years. Other knits pack just as well and drape better, they are also a little more lightweight.

I take along 2 pair of slacks for casual evenings with assorted tops, they are your third fabric combination of poly/rayon/spandex. I'll wear the same top the first and last night, having it cleaned in between wearings. I do the same with the clothes I wear for embark/disembark, it cuts out some of the packing weight. Formal nights I'm now wearing cocktail length dresses, typically a jersey knit.

My tops are a variety, I don't worry too much about wrinkles because 1. I pack in dry cleaner bags and 2. I take a wrinkle spray (not the Downey) that will get out any occasional crease.

For day use, I pack and wear linen when it is hot, if you pack it carefully, it travels just fine and is far more comfortable than any knit could possibly be. I'll also pack cotton, I just can't stand sweating under man made fabrics and the wrinkles that occur with wear just don't bother me like they do others.

I'll add that I also dress from the shoes up, I think shoes add a whole lot more weight than clothing!

65W794KALP?$200pxWide$

Hi i like polyester, especially tunics like the one above, i have bought several in all different colours and patterns, they can be dressed up or casual and are very very lightweight and easy to pack without creasing.

Happy cruising:)

I love that top...where can I find it? My personal favorite is the "Travelknits" 92% polyester 8% spandex. Although you have to be careful not to pack to much, it can get heavy in your luggage...lol better than heavy in your "trunk".;)

Neverthought

I love that top...where can I find it? My personal favorite is the "Travelknits" 92% polyester 8% spandex. Although you have to be careful not to pack to much, it can get heavy in your luggage...lol better than heavy in your "trunk".;)

Neverthought

Liverpoollou, I second neverthought's post -- love that outfit! Where did you find it?

Looks like this poster is from the UK, but it is a cute top :)

Thank you! I can't stand the smell of the Downey stuff and was trying to figure out a substitute! Awesome!

[Travelsmith has a catalog of wrinkle free clothes which are great. They also have a website. quote=CherylsCaribbeanTravel;18066462]Ok Ladies,

I love this section of the board! You're like my own little Carrie Bradshaw's (I'm not so hot with fashion lol). So, I have a question.

With all the new weight restrictions for luggage, I'm trying to put together a week of lightweight/wrinkle free outfits. I'm thinking with clothes that weight less than cotton, I might be able to pack a few more outfits.

So far I have a few outfits that are made of the following combos:

- 92% Nylon/8% spandex.

- 95% Polyester and 5% spandex.

- 63% Polyester 33% rayon 4% spandex

What are your favorite travel materials? Again, wrinkle free and lightweight are my primary concerns.

Cheryl :)

Does it smell at all?

• 2 weeks later...

I am a beach girl at heart mostly doing warm climates vacations.

I love gauze. Cool. I can wash it wring it out and it looks perfect. Weighs practically nothing for packing.

I look for any "wrinkle, crinkle" cotton items.

I can't wear synthetic fibers in hot weather. Just doesnt breathe.

I'm a 100% Rayon girl. Nothing else keeps me as cool. I iron everything, and fold neatly, and they stay fine until wearing. Skirts, shirts, crop pants, absolutely everything. As far as I know Rayon is a natural product.

They are light, floaty and not as thin as silk. Just my opinion. I'm especially fond of Hawaiian Shirts.

I am a beach girl at heart mostly doing warm climates vacations.

I love gauze. Cool. I can wash it wring it out and it looks perfect. Weighs practically nothing for packing.

I look for any "wrinkle, crinkle" cotton items.

I can't wear synthetic fibers in hot weather. Just doesnt breathe.

Frogfuzz: Where do you get your gauze items? I have been looking for some lightweight cotton pants (not white), drawstring or something like that to wear on our Asia trip where it will be very hot, but need long pants for some of the temples. I don't want the pants where you zip off for shorts. I really have not been able to find any cotton gauze lightweight pants (size 6-8). The closest I have found is at Magellans: Crinkle Pants but they are rayon/poly/spandex, which might be okay. I have plenty of Chicos Travelers but am looking specifically for lightweight cotton. Thanks for any help!!

Denver- Anytime I see something gauze or lightweight crinkle. I run for it. I have gotten some good deals at Ross & Belks on sale.

But gotten several things over the years at Travelsmith.There gauze is a little heavier. I also got the worry free linen pants. Those were nice. Personally, I think you could put with a t shirt for day or nicer shirt for night. (Which I do , I will wear for dinner and 2nd time during the day) I got beigey last year. Not sure what they have right now. I find Travelsmith's clothes run a little large.

Off topic here. But do you know what type shoes you are wearing for Asia? We are doing Europe in September I am a big flip flop wearer and know my comfort zone there. but think I need some lightweight walking shoes. I bought one pair of Merrells but havent had a chance to really test them out very well, not sure these are it, cut out and strap may not be comfortable

10942-789880-d.jpg

Marti-I think travelsmith had a white gauze skirt too

Frogfuzz: Where do you get your gauze items? I have been looking for some lightweight cotton pants (not white), drawstring or something like that to wear on our Asia trip where it will be very hot, but need long pants for some of the temples. I don't want the pants where you zip off for shorts. I really have not been able to find any cotton gauze lightweight pants (size 6-8). The closest I have found is at Magellans: Crinkle Pants but they are rayon/poly/spandex, which might be okay. I have plenty of Chicos Travelers but am looking specifically for lightweight cotton. Thanks for any help!!

Check out QVC--do a search for

Susan Graver Gauze Capri Pants with Drawstring Waist & Pockets

I purchased these last summer for a Med cruise and they are terrific for warm weather, lightweight and easy to pack and dry quickly if you want to wash them. I normally don't order clothes from QVC but took a chance on these and love them. My closet is full of Chico's travelers but they are just too heavy to pack and are not good for hot climates.

65W794KALP?$200pxWide$

Hi i like polyester, especially tunics like the one above, i have bought several in all different colours and patterns, they can be dressed up or casual and are very very lightweight and easy to pack without creasing.

Happy cruising:)

Love that top, where did you buy it. (i'm not on the same cruise as you, we won't clash ):)

Thanks to all of you for your suggestions. So far, I'm not thrilled with anything I have found on any of the sites recommended. I also tried J.Jill (they have cotton pants but are very wide leg). Travelsmith clothes don't fit me very well and the couple things I have purchased the colors were not quite what I had expected. I still have to check out a couple of the sites you all have recommended; otherwise, I'll go with the pants on Magellans as they are what I am looking for, just not in lightweight cotton. As you can imagine, it is a bit difficult to find summer clothes in Denver at this time of year!

Frogfuzz: I love those shoes that you posted on your message. It looks like something I would wear if I could. Unfortunately I am the wrong person to ask about shoes. I have bunions and thus have to wear wide width with nothing across the front of the foot and no low cut shoes. I am pretty limited to Easy Spirit and Walking Co. For Asia, I am taking a grey pair of Easy Spirit tennis shoes and also a pair of black flat ballerina type shoes to wear in the evening. I'm not a sandal kind of person, but I do wear flip-flops on sea days. We have been to Europe a few times and tennis shoes and blue jeans are prevalent--it's not like they are not going to know I am a tourist! I know many people recommend not wearing tennis shoes because you stand out as a tourist, but then again, I am a tourist and like to walk a lot so tennis shoes it is for me!

Again, thanks to everyone for your suggestions. I'll keep looking and let you know if I find anything fabulous.

Archived