Carnival Customer Service ?

I contacted Carnival about adding a person to our Splendor booking. The first lady I spoke to kept telling me that the West Coast fare was not available. I had it up on my iPad and can see that it is available for our sailing. This rate is lower than what we originally booked at. I end the call and get a new lady on call back who says sure no problem and books at the lower fare. What is up with that? Should I cancel and re-book everyone at the lower fare? It would save quite a bit on the cabin.

There is no west coast fare .. its the fare for whatever state you live in?? .. so maybe calling it by the wrong name is why the first lady said there was no such fare.

I would find out what the fare name is and then just call and have the price reduced on the other booking by your agent, or if you booked direct, just call the toll free number.

At least I've never heard of a "west coast fare"

Carnival.com showed it as a west coast fare on their site. Also know as resident fare. So they should adjust all those in the cabin to that fare if I call?

I've seen that term somewhere recently on Carnival.com - I'll look for it.

" California, Arizona, Nevada and Utah residents, you’re in luck! We’re offering BIG savings and BIG fun on

Carnival cruises just for you. Set sail on select 2012 Carnival Splendor sailings from January 2012 – May 2012,

for as little as $459 per person. Book now, pack your bags and get ready to have the time of your life!

Contact your travel agent now to book and save! "

That would mean that at least one person in the cabin would need to be a California, Arizona, Nevada or Utah resident - and only for selected Splendor Sailings. If you're before Final Payment deadline TA/PVP should be able to switch your cabins over, if you qualify; not so if you're after Final Payment deadline.

ken

WEST COAST SALE........

" California, Arizona, Nevada and Utah residents, you’re in luck! We’re offering BIG savings and BIG fun on

Carnival cruises just for you. Set sail on select 2012 Carnival Splendor sailings from January 2012 – May 2012,

for as little as $459 per person. Book now, pack your bags and get ready to have the time of your life!

Contact your travel agent now to book and save! "

That would mean that at least one person in the cabin would need to be a California, Arizona, Nevada or Utah resident - and only for selected Splendor Sailings. If you're before Final Payment deadline TA/PVP should be able to switch your cabins over, if you qualify; not so if you're after Final Payment deadline.

ken

seniorstallion -

You have to decide if you're talking about the "West Coast Sale" or a "your state Resident Rate".

The West Coast Sale is advertised as being for California, Arizona, Nevada and Utah residents (you appear to be California resident?) -AND- for only certain Splendor sailings that are between January-May 2012 (which your July 2012 sailing doesn't look to qualify for the sailing date???).

I don't see a California Resident rate offered for your sailing (for Inside, OceanView or Balcony, for 2,3 or 4 Passengers) - there are FunSelect, Past Guest, Senior Rates (and some Military Rate for OceanView)????

Maybe I/we are missing a piece of information?

You can check all this by doing an Advanced Cruise Search (on the Home Page) for your specific Cruise, date, Category and #Pax.

If it turns out that you meet ALL the specific criteria for either the West Coast Sale or the your state Resident Rate, since you are sailing in July 2012 you should be able to call whoever you booked with and ask them to switch you.

Keep us posted on further details or your results?

ken

I was able to add the fourth guest in the cabin at the west coast sale fare. The second lady said no problem we see your from California also it was lower than the posted rate as she was the fourth passenger. Second lady was very helpful and moved them all to a quad cabin without any hassle. I guess you just have to talk to the right person. First lady wanted to book it but at a higher rate than what I could see was still available.

Thank you all for the advise:)

Archived