can you book excursions for other people

thenars

We're paying for excursions for the family for one of our days in port.

There are 5 of us and we are probably going to split into groups--2 of us doing one excursions and 3 doing a different one. (My husband and I would be in the group of 3.)

My question is: Can I reserve spots for all 5 of us and then pass out the tickets to everyone? Or, should we have everyone reserve a spot under their own cabin/name and then reimburse everyone separately?

We're paying for excursions for the family for one of our days in port.

There are 5 of us and we are probably going to split into groups--2 of us doing one excursions and 3 doing a different one. (My husband and I would be in the group of 3.)

My question is: Can I reserve spots for all 5 of us and then pass out the tickets to everyone? Or, should we have everyone reserve a spot under their own cabin/name and then reimburse everyone separately?

Yes you can - we do that often. They don't pay any attention (on the tours) to name or cabin numbers.

On the last cruise I even went so far as to go to customer relations and have an excursion my DS and DIL booked transferred to my account as a gift to them. Since it was going on my account, they did not ask any questions.

whenever we travel with others, and are booking excursions, I get the tickets in my name or my husband's. I pass out the tickets as we go.

for reimbursement, you can do it either personally, or, after you take the excursion, the other party can go to the excursion desk and have it switched to their account.

we sometimes take excursions that are very limited in space, such as deep sea fishing and by booking under one name, you are guaranteed that everyone will be on the same excursion

Just remember that all of you on the same excursion must arrive in the appointed meeting spot together. You shouldn't hand over the ticket to them and say "I'll meet you there."...unless the meeting spot is on the pier.

I've ordered the excursions for our group just as the above poster stated. You want to make sure you are grouped together for the same tour if space is limited.

Archived