Box or suitcase?

Beachgirl85

This would depend on a lot of factors. How are you getting to port? Do you plan on buying a lot of souvenirs and could use the extra suitcase spa coming home? Can you carry envy thing yourself or will you need help?

Personally I always packed everything into suitcases, including diapers and toys, but we always travelled by air.

When we drive to the port,we use a box,a diaper box, with handles. We packed all of the things that would not be returning with us. It worked out great. I did over pack a bit on the diaper and wipes, hey, you never know and managed stuff them in our luggage. Good luck.

Also, spread it out. You don't want to lose your suitcase with all the babies diapers and stuff. My DD just stuff diapers in all the little spaces, outside pockets etc.

I agree with this. We packed everything in suitcases and I didn't really spread out the diapers and clothes as much as I should have. I wasn't thinking, since we didn't fly this time. Of course, the two suitcases that had my clothes, her pack n play and the diapers happened to be the two suitcases that didn't meet up with us until late on Day 1 (the RCI luggage tags somehow came off). They found us because we had separate tags with our name and address.

We fly in, usually the day before, and I always pack a large but lightweight duffle bag inside my suitcase. Then we would hit Target (or similar), load up on diapers and other essentials, sometimes even put a case of water in there, and/or a car booster seat, and then check it at the port. If I do a lot of shopping on the trip, then I check the duffle as luggage on the way back, but then I only have to pay the extra bag fee for the return trip :o

What do you guys recommend for packing our 1 year olds essentials (diapers, wipes, bottles,few toys, etc) a suitcase or a box?

A box might take longer to get to your room. We checked a box on the Disney Dream last August, and we received all of our "normal" luggage very quickly, but we didn't get our box until much later. I don't think they were able to load on our box using the 'normal' procedures.

We didn't have anything critical in the box, so I didn't worry too much. But if I had our entire stash or diapers and wipes in that box, I might have been freaking out a bit.

Archived