Anyone ever Changed Ships?

We booked a cruise on Friday on the Mariner of the Sea and decided that we wanted to go on the Serenade of the Sea for the same travel date. I booked the room we wanted and called RCCL to transfer the booking, the guy Boddie told me it would not be a problem but I had to do it through my agent. My agent called and the lady told her that we were within 100% penalty phase and she could not transfer. Now mind you that the cabin we have on hold on the Serenade is 3 times the cost of that on the Mariner...I don't understand since we were having to pick-up the tickets either way at the peir. To make matters worse we booked the air because Boddie said no problem.
I have changed ships at the peir the day of sailing on other lines and thought RCCL would be no problem. We have cruise quite a few times with this line and rewarded our employees with cruises on their ships.

Sounds like Boddie gave the wrong information...and RCCL is not to blame here...if I read correctly. When are you sailing? If you aren't within the 60 day period...I believe you should be able to switch no problem...but if you are sailing soon...it isn't so easy. Regardless...I'm sorry for your troubles.

[img]http://escati.linkopp.net/cgi-bin/countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=191970&cdt=2005;4;16;22;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500[/img]
My first balcony on the Serenade - 4/16/05!!!

RCCL Majesty of the Seas - April 2004
Carnival Inspiration - June 2003
RCCL Monarch of the Seas - July 2002

Also...since 9/11 they have to have the cruiseship manifest...7 days prior (or something to that effect) I believe...it would be out the RCCL's hand if you are within that 7 day period.

[img]http://escati.linkopp.net/cgi-bin/countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=191970&cdt=2005;4;16;22;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500[/img]
My first balcony on the Serenade - 4/16/05!!!

RCCL Majesty of the Seas - April 2004
Carnival Inspiration - June 2003
RCCL Monarch of the Seas - July 2002

If RCCI have already said it was ok to do this,and they never mentioned the penalty period,I would get back to them asap.
Ask to speak to the same person again,do not let your TA have the last word on this.
Keep up the pressure on RCCI and the best of luck.

Paws.

I switched from Navigator to Explorer of the Seas without any problems. They were different dates, even. About a week apart. I was more than 60 days out, though. If you're within 60 days - they won't let you switch without a penalty.

Imagination 1/2005
Explorer of the Seas 9/2004
Fascination 1/2004
Carnivale 9/1985
[img]http://escati.linkopp.net/cgi-bin/countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=800080&cdt=2004;09;19;5;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500[/img]
until we explore on EXPLORER OF THE SEAS

Archived