waterfalls in tahiti

artichokes

I would like to find out how to contact patrick for the four hour tour that goes to the waterfall. I was wondering if it is possible to do this on the same day that we get on the ship. Do you know what is the best time to go to the port to get on the ship on the embarkation day? Is it possible to do the 4x4 tour in the morning, and then come back to our hotel and pick up our bags and then go to the ship?

Just thinking this might be a good possibiltiy for making something out of that day.

Hi - We also took Patrick's tour and highly recommend it. Patrick really knows his stuff. We did the Cook Islands itinerary so we did the tour on our second day on the ship since we were in port until 5:00 pm. We boarded right at 12:00 and it was empty.

S.

patrickaventure@mail.pf is Patrick's email address. he does a great job telling you about the native plants and the history of the island. I would recommend doing it on the first full day on the ship, you may be really tired from traveling on the day you get there and may not enjoy it so much..

You should be able to get on any time after 11. we embarked around 3:30 and the only other people getting on then were the people that were on the ferry with us coming back from Moorea

Hi all, We took the ship's 4x4 trip in Tahiti and it was great. It was half day and you see everything Patrick shows you except he allows time for lunch and a swim in the waterfall pools. If you have a full day then book Patrick. If you are booking for the day the ship leaves then book the ship's tour which returns about 12:30 which gives you plenty of time to do the Market before the ship leaves.

Mike

• 4 weeks later...

We did Patrick's 1/2 day tour on the afternoon the ship sailed and were back at the ship by 3:45 prior to sailing. It was lots of fun and the waterfalls were spectacular as it had been very wet and rained pretty hard during our tour(one of my photos has 10 waterfalls in it). Remember that during the dry season you probly won't see many but the trip was great anyway.

Karen

Making advance reservations with Patrick Aventure is no excursion guarantee. Although we made reservations in August 2004 for 12FEB05 - held an e-mail excursion confirmation from Patrick and did do the requested follow-up e-mail one (1) week prior to the excursion date....Patrick found it more lucrative to "bump our reservation for a "group party booking" without telling us until we arrived. When confronting Patrick at the Papeete dock he simply said - "so sorry - but is better business for me". Not only were we disappointed with his unprofessional business tactics - but, since Patrick knew exactly what he was doing well in advance of our departure - we would have appreciated getting a straight answer from him so we could have planned for another activity. By the time we learned that he would not honor our advance reservation - it was too late to book another AM Tahiti activity.

I am sure that many people have had a good experience with Patrick. No guestion his 4x4 Safari excursion is good - but, sounds like success and greed is starting to negatively impact Patricks business practice. In any case - just be aware and prepared. We expected Patrick to honor our advance reservation which he did not. SeaFish

Seafish, Sorry to hear you got bumped. I have heard of people not showing up to take you on a planned excursion, especially if they have not taken any money. We will be happy if we are able to go on the 4x4 excursion, but will not be let down if he bumps us, thanks to your post. Thanks, Halo p.s. we have had a heck of a time trying to contact & get responses from these guys!!

HaloV

Personally I would think the full day tour would be too much. We were gone from about 12:15 until 3:30 and that was plenty. He shows you a lot of different flora and drives quite deeply into the Pompano valley. It wasn't too bumpy - when we went on the jeep safari in Moorea it was definitely more off-roadish.

As far as Patrick goes, I was concerned he wouldn't show as I hadn't received an email confirming our reservation (he did say his computer was down). I knew he was fully booked for the morning tour and I went out to see him mut just missed his departure. He was there waiting for us and was pleased as we brought another couple along with us.

Seafish - definitely not a good move on his part not to honour your reservation. These people obviously don't realize the power of cruisecritic.com when they screw us over!! He should have least arranged an alternative for you.

Archived