Bar Harbor tours?

mcdmom

Hi,

I'm sure I read somewhere on here about FREE bus tours to Arcadia Park. I can't find that information now. Something about city busses, just outside of the dock. Does anyone know what I'm talking about?

Thanks!

Thanks Marla! Interesting link, but I'm pretty sure what I saw was not an LL Bean bus.

The busses I'm talking about went into Arcadia National Park, right from the cruise port. I remember reading that you needed to walk PAST all the other tour companies before you saw these busses. ??

Anyone else?

Oopps, Just noticed that was NOT an LL Bean bus.

Thanks!

mcdmom asked: ....I read somewhere on here about FREE bus tours to Arcadia Park. ..........Does anyone know what I'm talking about?

What you are asking about is the Island Explorer free bus http://www.exploreacadia.com/ funded by LL Bean. Notice I did not write "FREE bus tours" because IE does not offer tours, just transportation on 7 bus routes on MDI. To make it a tour, take a tour book with you and read it as you ride :D.

You board at the BH town green which is 2 blocks up the hill (Main St) as you leave the tender dock.

The only down side to using the IE is that it does not have a route that goes to the top of Cadillac Mountian. To do that you'll have to go with an independent tour company:

http://www.acadiaislandtours.com/

http://www.acadiatours.com/

SBtS

We just got back last week from Explorer of the Seas JUly 31-August 9.Originally we had planned to do the free shuttle(doesn't go to Cadillac Mnt) and then booked the Olly's Trolley.The cruise before us had difficulty getting passengers off the ship as this is a Tender port.So we opted to do a walking tour Back in time early am,which then gave us plenty of time for shopping,We went back to the ship for a quick bit and to drop off our purchases.Our Olly Tour was at 2pm for 2 1/2 hours Acadia:.Best scenery of the cruise.We still had time to get a Lobster Roll and a Blueberry Ale before heading back to our ship.We also had the best weather of our cruise..You will love it.I can only imagine how beautiful Acadia will be in the Fall

Archived