Please Help-We don't know what to do.

Right now we have a Aft balcony with a large balcony facing the back of the ship. My college aged son is going with us. This is on FOS. The Allure lowered price--and we could get a small ocean balcony--Superior Room for 2hundred more than the balcony on FOS. I have it on a 24 hour courtesy hold. What should we do? I do not know which would be better. We are driving and going to stay in Orlando a couple of nights. Then we would drive to Ft. L. But the main thing which would be the better value. In either case, we would eat in Chops one night and the main dining room the rest of the time. We like the shows, and have heard both are good? What should we do? Please help.

Right now we have a Aft balcony with a large balcony facing the back of the ship. My college aged son is going with us. This is on FOS. The Allure lowered price--and we could get a small ocean balcony--Superior Room for 2hundred more than the balcony on FOS. I have it on a 24 hour courtesy hold. What should we do? I do not know which would be better. We are driving and going to stay in Orlando a couple of nights. Then we would drive to Ft. L. But the main thing which would be the better value. In either case, we would eat in Chops one night and the main dining room the rest of the time. We like the shows, and have heard both are good? What should we do? Please help.

How do they compare in terms of itinerary and number of nights?

Hello. Ask yourself what is more important to you. The OV balcony on Allure is going to be much smaller than the aft balcony on Freedom. I have seen an aft balcony on the Freedom and I must say I was impressed. I am taking my first cruise on the Allure later this year, as I have done Freedom twice now I really want to experience the Allure. Both ships do similar itineraries. Maybe you should look at it from a standpoint of what do you want out of your cruise vacation? Going on the Freedom will surely bring you good value, the drive from Orlando to Port Canaveral is shorter than going to Ft. Lauderdale, Freedom has a lot of great activities that the Allure has but on a smaller scale. What can you get for $200 more on the Freedom? For $200 more per person on Freedom you might be able to upgrade to a Junior Suite or a Grand Suite. Personally I think either ship would be a great choice and you would have a great vacation! Good luck with your decision! :)

I would take the smaller cabin on Allure. Entertainment and shows are very important to me, and although FOS has great shows, Oasis/Allure is a huge step above in this regard. Oasis/Allure is something you should experience at least once, when the opportunity presents itself.

Ports are also important to me, and FOS has one extra port on its itinerary, so that's something to consider too.

Whichever you choose, you can't go wrong...both ships will provide a spectacular experience.

Having not been on the Allure, I would stay with the larger Aft Cabin on Freedom then to pay $200 more for a smaller room. When considering the cost of my room and whether to change, I factor in all cost, Port fees and Insurance. I have seen a price drop from our early booking, but in the long run I would pay more, because that lower price, didn't equal to what we paid for early booking.

Allure and Oasis only have D balconys (ocean), no E balconys.

So, im a little confused but I guess the OP means the D balcony is smaller than what she has.

I loved Oasis and would pick it before I would pick Freedom class.

Even if its a little smaller than the balcony on Freedom the shows are so much better, you have park cafe and so on.

Who says it's a smaller cabin?

I did not say that the cabin is smaller. I stated that the OV balcony on Allure is smaller than an aft balcony of the Freedom. I was comparing the balconies of the cabins and not the cabins themselves.

Depends of how much time you spend in the room. It will be tighter on the Allure with 3 people but there is a lot more options for dining and entertaiment on the Allure Probably 1 less port on the Allure.

It depends if the ports are more important or the ship. My vote would be for the Allure

It depends on how much time you want to spend in your room. If you plan on relaxing by yourself then stick with FOS. Do you have an aft corner on FOS? If so then you will have two lounge chair plus regular chairs. Plenty of room to sprawl out. If you are the type of person that only goes to their room to sleep then you should choose the Allure because it has more options.

I did not say that the cabin is smaller. I stated that the OV balcony on Allure is smaller than an aft balcony of the Freedom. I was comparing the balconies of the cabins and not the cabins themselves.

Didn't say you did as I did not quote you. I quoted post 8

We had a full aft balcony on freedom and the rooms are VERY large as well as the balconies. Check it out....[we are scheduled for Allure in the fall so I can't say but the rooms are smaller from the pics I've seen]

SANY0128-Copy2.jpg

SANY0133.jpg

SANY0136.jpg

60070026.jpg

hope that helps...

Right off the bat, I say Allure. It's an amazing ship, and just like people thought Freedom was TOO BIG when it first came out, and now they love it. Oasis/Allure are awesome once you experience them. I find the ships entirely not crowded. But to each his own...

I ask the original poster, what type of cruiser are you?

Ive done the aft on Freedom, I've done a d1 on Oasis and a JS on Allure.

I enjoyed my balcony but spent much more time out and about enjoying the ship, Allure wins there hands down.

But i read of many of people who eat breakfast lunch and dinner in their cabins and practically live on their balcony.

If thats you the choice is easier, but I say Allure.

$200 is worth it.

I'd have a hard time giving up the aft balcony..They are nice. What kind of cruiser are you? I personally wouldn't change ships for shows, it's just not important to me over a great cabin. But that's just me.

Thank you. Those pictures look like our cabin, that is why this is so hard. The price was out of reach on the Allure, but when it came down, I held the room. We love shows, don't hang out at the pool that much. I love the balcony, but the idea of seeing better shows may make a better trip. I have to decide by Monday afternoon. Thank you for any recommendation.

I would go with FOS...just personal preference. I like the freedom class ships better. I thought that Oasis was a little impersonal as compaired to other smaller RCI ships. Either way, I hope you have a fabulous cruise!:D:D

Just came off of an aft cabin on Liberty of the Seas...

Nancy

Which cabin on FOS? If it is an E cabin, the cabin on Allure would be just about the same size. The balcony would obviously be smaller.

In your situation, I would choose the Allure. Cruising on the Allure is fabulous, and you are getting way more than $200's worth of cruise for the difference in price.

(is that $200 total, or $200 pp?) If $200 pp, I would hesitate. If $200 total, I wouldn't hesitate for a nanosecond to pick Allure.

Thank you. Those pictures look like our cabin, that is why this is so hard. The price was out of reach on the Allure, but when it came down, I held the room. We love shows, don't hang out at the pool that much. I love the balcony, but the idea of seeing better shows may make a better trip. I have to decide by Monday afternoon. Thank you for any recommendation.

If shows are really important to you then Allure is the only choice. Chicago is quite popular and a well done show. Blue Planet should not be missed. Ocean Aria in the AquaTheater is a must see. There will also be a headliner show on two nights in the theater.

Both FOS and Allure have ice skating shows.

Entertainment on Oasis class ships really is a cut above any other ships afloat.

Archived