Canopy Tour Question

mexicorbust

I'm coming out of lurkdom with a question on the De Los Veranos canopy tour. I emailed a reservation and received a confirmation from "Sylvie", but she didn't state where we meet for the tour.

Can someone who has done this tour let me know where it meets?

Thanks so much for all your advice given on this board. We are so excited to get to meet Randi and her horses as well! Now we just have to plan our Cabo day, and we'll be all set!

TIA for your help!

Callie

Legend of the Seas 9/12/04

We did the canopy tour through Los Veranos and you meet at CANOPY OFFICE

next to the PEMEX gas Stationon the south side of town. Just remember that all gas stations in Mexico are PEMEX. :)

http://www.canopytours-vallarta.com/map.htm

Here is a picture of the canopy tour office: http://community.webshots.com/photo/151598147/151651307NqAAzW

Have a great time!

You should get another email from Sylvie that has an attachment... this page will have ALL of the information that you need to get there. If you don't get it, just email Sylvie again. You will need it to get the discount for booking on the web. At least we needed to show it... maybe others did not.

You will have a great time on this tour. It is wonderful! Of note, the terminal marina where you will be docked is on the other side of town from where the pick up point is for the tour. If you are going to take a taxi, leave approximately 30 min prior to your set time so that you can arrive a few minutes early. And by the way, when you are done, if you are not too tired, from the Canopy Tour pick up point, you are within walking distance of Old Town, Los Muertos Beach. Great shopping!!!!! Have fun!

PV Pam,

So is THAT the name of the beach? We walked down from the Pemex station down to the open market over the bridge and then down the the street closest to the beach.... We passed an older church (it was up one of the side streets, I think. So, is this the same area? I am getting ready to work on our scrapbook and would LOVE to put the name of the beach. It was simply beautiful!!

We will be back in PV in March 2006, so we will be having fun planning that trip too!

Smiles - Tina

• 3 weeks later...

Hi, I really would like to do the canopy tour but am a little apprehensive.

Should I be??? I also have my husband going along with our two boys, ages 10 & 13. Is it ok for them to go? I am not sure what the age limit is.

thanks, Barb

Barb, we did this tour with Los Veranos last month, and I would heartily recommend it. It is TOTALLY safe, especially for your kids, of whom the guides seem particularly protective.

We were zip-lining in the same group as a vacationing family that included three kids, the youngest of which is a 6 1/2 year old girl. The two boys were probably 8 and 10 or so. They wear different harnesses than the adults do, and if there's any doubt about whether their weight will carry them across the zip-line, one of the guides will take them on a piggy-back ride. I was exceptionally impressed with the attention to safety.

It was a fun and exhilarating excursion, one of the best my husband and I have ever done. My kids (11 and 13) were not on this last cruise with us, but I will DEFINITELY take them here the next time we visit the Mexican Riviera.

~ Peri

thanks Peri, I will have to book this excursion. I'm sure we will all love it.

You live just across the sound from us, I'm in Milford Connecticut.

What cruise line did you sail on, and what ports did you visit. Any other suggestions on which excursions to do.

We will be on the RC Vision, going to Cabo, PV and Mazatlan.

Barb

Pam, Here are my questions:

1. Is taxi the only way to get to the Canopy Tour office from the ship? How much should we expect to pay for the taxi?

2. If the ship arrives in PV at 9 am, what time do you suggest we make the reservation?

3. The website says reservation can be made "up to one month in advance." Does that mean NOT BEFORE one month in advance?

Sorry if I'm asking questions you already answered on this board or others, but would appreciate your advice. Thank you. -- Jan

Archived