Upgrade to 1st class

Degas

I am returning from FP in business class as I have to work the same day I return (booooo !!!) I figured the extra money was well spent so I could sleep on the way home. But the Air Tahiti Nui website says the beds are lie flat which is on an incline as opposed to flat bed.

Has anyone been able to sleep in one of these seats/beds???? Was it comfortable?? How much sleep were you able to get with the attendants going back and forth ?????

Has anyone upgraded at the check in desk from business to 1st?????

How much more was it and what were the odds of getting a single seat????

I really appreciate any help in this matter.....maybe I'll just go economy and save the money !!!!!

And drink a ton of Jolt cola at work to keep awake.

My DW is trying to convince me to pay the $700.00 counter upgrade fee (per person if available when you check in at the airport) to go from Coach to Business Class for our Air Tahiti Nui trip in July. I'm not sure it's worth it ... also not sure if those seats will even be available at the last minute. From what I see on the seatexpert.com website, the Airbus 340-300 has 6 First Class, 24 Business Class and 264 Coach seats.

The Air Tahiti business class seats seem to recline more than a normal business class seat. I was able to sleep on my side comfortably and I've never been able to lay on my side before on a plane. We had row 2 with the bulkhead -- there is a little less leg room but no one's seat is in your lap.

upgrade to business.

I flew out of LAX to Paeete in 2005 to sail on the Paul Guaguin and upgraded at check in. At the time it was $600. The flight was wonderful...I thought the food served was the best I had ever had on a plane (better than Quantas business class to Sydney and that of Thai bussiness class to Thailand). I did sleep in the seats that were very comfortable.....but I did not realize how good till I flew back in coach. That was cramped, crowded, typical airline food...I could not wait to get off the plane. This December I am going back and will upgrade....both ways if possible. Doing it at checkin is still cheaper than doing it upfront. How easy to do it when checking in at the airport in Tahiti...thats a good question.

So I will save the pennies, nickels, dimes, quarters, dollars, to upgrade. Yes it is a true luxury, but as they say go big or go home......or if you can afford to upgrade and dont...your heirs will.

Now if anyone wants to contribute........I'm not proud. LOL

Tom

First class seats recline more than business but aren't totally flat. They look like the same width. There's just one row so there's no one in front or behind you. They give you "pj's" to sleep in. To me, it's not worth anything more. On our flights, it was empty going to Tahiti and full on the way back.

Upgrading to business was the best $700 I ever spent on the PPT to NYC flight - I slept fine - only problem is when the people in front of you are reclined fully its tough to get out of your seat !

First and business share the same food and service - I don;t know how much it is but I would doubt its worth it.

Larry

Archived