Alaska b2b

ChiefSealthCruz

Can DW and I do the "Voyage of the Glaciers With Glacier Bay" Northbound and Southbound as back-to-back cruises?

In order to fly my doctor has to give me enough valium "to knock out a horse" his words, not mine. Even on the meds, I do not enjoy the flight, and even more important to me, neither does my wife.

Any feedback would be appreciated.

What's Turn-Around Day entail in Whittier? Can one stay on the ship, or must you disembark then return?

If you want to stay on the ship, then there will be a time and place you will be asked to meet just so you can sign out with the first segment cruise card and sign in with the second segment cruise card.

This will normally be around 10 AM.

However, you may want to take a tour that day, either one offered by Princess or one you book yourself. See the Alaska part of the Ports of Call section on Cruise Critic for touring suggestions in Whittier.

THANKS Caribill. I did a B2B last year out of Miami and wasn't sure since the N/B Alaska cruise would have originated in a 'foreign country' (Canada) if it made any difference on how it would be handled.

Actually, after checking in in Vancouver you go through U.S. Immigration/Customs before you board the ship. So the entire cruise is then considered in the U.S. and there is no immigration/customs to go through on your B2B until you are back in Vancouver and need to go through Canadian immigration/customs.

THANKS again, Caribill. Good to know. It's been awhile since I cruised out of Vancouver and my memory is not so good. I did a r/t and a n/b from there, also ended there in a s/b and a 12-nt repo from LA-AK-YVR. But never a B2B from Vancouver.

Did this two weeks ago and it was easy. We rented a car in Whittier and drove into Anchorage. Had plenty of time and the weather was great. About a two block walk to Avis to get the rental.

If you want to stay on the ship, that is OK too.

Have a great trip

Burtie

Archived