Formal advice needed, see picture..

macusa19

Masusa19.... What cruiseline will you be sailing on?

I have sailed on Princess, Carnival and Celebrity.

On all three, you can't be too dressed up on formal night. Now, with that said.....I will say that some people were not very dressed on the Canival ship. It was only a four night trip, too....which may have been why?

Don't worry about your dress being too formal. You go for it!

Hi, Krystal - I can't see your picture but I can't imagine a formal being too formal. I have seen formals on formal night that look like they're from the Miss America contest. You will see everything on formal night from hardly formal to extremely formal. I will watch for your picture when you get it posted. We board 1 month from today!!!! (See you at the pier) Joan

Joan,

I will be sending you the picture sometime today. I would like your input as you have been on a cruise and especially the Elation. It is more of a ball gown. I shouldn't have any problems, except packing it, cause it will take up some room.

Thanks *kristal*

It sounds beautiful and perfect for formal night. Our son's fiancee has a taffeta gown and is really concerned about packing it. She's just about decided to carry it in a garment bag. You may want to consider carrying a garment bag instead of packing it. (Sorry I spelled your name wrong).

My husband and I compete in ballroom dance. We often fly to competitons and I always carry my gowns in a garment bag on the airplane. When you first walk on the plane they have a closet and the airline attendants always let me hang my garmet bag in the closet... You may want to try this.

If you have a lot a sequins on the dress however, they may make you take in out of the bag getting through security.... When it happens to me it always make the women security guards day... They love to see the gowns and of course of love to show them .!!

Archived