Advantages Of Buying Rci Stock?

I wish I had done it years ago. For cruises of 7 nights or more you get 100 obc and for shorter it is 50$. It does add up. But how has the stock been? I would not want to be getting the obc but losing my money invested in the stock? I am sure it has seen its ups and downs, but seems to be doing well these days.

I was told that if you purchase min. 100 shares of RCI stock there are advantages. Anyone know what they are?

1. OBC

2. Quarterly dividend

3. Possible stock appreciation (or loss)

As an investment, people should do their research before investing to make sure it meets investment objectives.

Probably depends on how much you cruise RCCL or Celebrity. Our 100 shares have more than paid for themselves in the last 4 years, but we've taken 4-5 cruises per year. Most of them were 14 days ($250 OBC per cruise) or 12 days ($200 per cruise). Also paid $60 per year dividend in addition to OBC. Really wouldn't look at it as an investment in anything other than OBC.

To get OBC, 100 shs

To just buy, probably not, depends on the broker. you could buy a little at a time if you wanted and were far enuf from your cruise for that to make sense. Many brokers offer automatic investing, put a little in each month. Be sure you know what all the fees are in making multiple buys.

You have to buy 100 shares of the stock. You must submit proof of ownership for each cruise that you take. The credit will not apprear on your sea pass until about the 2nd or 3rd day of the cruise.

Their stock is down right now, lower than what I purchased mine for :rolleyes: I bought the stock for the OBC and will sell it at some point when I am no longer cruising. As posted earlier they pay a quarterly dividend of $15 per 100 shares.

Also bear in mind that they could cancel the OBC thing in the future, so it isn't a guarantee that you will always receive it.

I am not endorsing them here but I use
and have been happy with the way they handle my account. You can buy a few shares of RCL at different times if buying a one-time purchae of one hundred shares will set up back and put you in debt. I started buying shares in RCL last year and am now up to 74 shares. By the time I get a minimum of 100 shares I will be ready to ask for my $100 OBC for my next cruise (January 2009) on the Voyager of the Seas. .

bug_animated.gifbug_animated.gifbug_animated.gif

I understand that Carnival also has a similar deal of getting an OBC when you own a minimum of 100 shares of their stock.

bug_animated.gif

There are several on-line brokerage houses out there to use. It is just a matter of doing your research and finding one you can trust.

bug_animated.gifbug_animated.gif

http://www.rclinvestor.com/phoenix.zhtml?c=103045&p=irol-shareholderbenefit

Here's a thought to ponder. I spoke with my financial adviser a couple of weeks ago, and he said that I could purchase RCI stock through my IRA portfolio. This way, I can still reap the benefits by readjusting my investments or rolling over my 401K. This makes 100 shares of stock much easier for us to purchase.

We have owned the stock for a number of years now and the on board credit has really been great. We did not buy it for that reason....I'm not sure if the credit was even offered when we bought it--if it was, we didn't know anything about it at the time. However, it has paid a dividend every quarter that we have owned it.

Probably depends on how much you cruise RCCL or Celebrity. Our 100 shares have more than paid for themselves in the last 4 years, but we've taken 4-5 cruises per year. Most of them were 14 days ($250 OBC per cruise) or 12 days ($200 per cruise). Also paid $60 per year dividend in addition to OBC. Really wouldn't look at it as an investment in anything other than OBC.

Our 100 shares have also paid for themselves thru OBC. :D We cruise often and always book on board so that pretty much doubles the OBC for each cruise. It's such a nice "dividend". :)

Lady_cruiser....

(Not trying to highjack this thread, but...) those crawling bugs in your post give me the creeps! LOL

Sorry - I'll ask Laura our Moderator to delete my post and then I'll repost my answer.....

OK it's done. Just went in and ask them to delete it!

Sorry - I'll ask Laura our Moderator to delete my post and then I'll repost my answer.....

OK it's done. Just went in and ask them to delete it!

Oh my gosh...you didn't have to do that! I was just having fun with you. (didn't you see the LOL at the end)

Edited....ok...now I'm confused. I just went back and noticed the post with the bugs is not deleted.

...which is fine because I was feeling bad that you felt you had to do that.

ok...I need a cruise!

I was told that if you purchase min. 100 shares of RCI stock there are advantages. Anyone know what they are?

You get to ride the market down right along with the rest of us. :( Price for RCL has gone from $42.25 to $32.90 since the first of the year. :mad: That's about $1,000 loss. :(

You get to ride the market down right along with the rest of us. :( Price for RCL has gone from $42.25 to $32.90 since the first of the year. :mad: That's about $1,000 loss. :(

Unless you buy at the right time, I purchased 100 sh yesterday for $32.74 each and today it closed at $35.85. Thats a $311 gain in a day plus I get all the stock OBC. Its all about timing.... Of course who knows were it will go but I feel pretty good right now.

Mike :)

Please help me understand this. If we have 100 shares held jointly by DH and I and book 2 staterooms one for DH and DS and one for me and DD for a 9 night cruise do we get $200. per stateroom?

Or do we each have to have 100 shares in each name?

Sandra

currently how much is it per share? I have never done this so I don't know much about it but am interested

If you have never bought stock before or don't where to look for a stock price, please do not buy until you learn the basics of investing. Read books, search the net, talk to friends (but ignore their "advice"), decide on a discount broker and then, and only then, should you invest. Anyone who bought RCCL in the past couple of years has probably lost a significant amount of money.

Archived