Princess bus from Springfield, Ma?

janetz

Hmmm. Springfield is kinda risky. I live in Wilbraham which is one town east of Springfield, and know the city VERY well. There are a couple of parking lots close to the bus and train stations. I've usually found that cruise-line sponsored bus transportation tends to leave from the street outside the main entrance to the TRAIN station, which is right around the corner from the BUS terminal. Neither area is very safe. I feel strongly that Springfield is one of the more seedy and dangerous cities in the northeast.

When are you cruising? Where are you sailing out of?

The police station is only a few blocks (short cab ride) from that area. You could consider parking in their lot for the week. It's probably the safest lot in town with all the officers coming and going. Depending on the time of day, you could actually drop your family and luggage off at either the train or bus station, drive to the police station, park your car and WALK back to join your family (the toughest adult male should do this). It would be a ten minute walk through an industrial area.

If money is no object, you can park at Ken's Parking on Dwight Street within steps from the train station where the cruise busses usually leave from. Your car will likely be moved to another place for the week, but will be back at the main lot at the specified time of your return.

Hope this helps.

Hmmm. Springfield is kinda risky. I live in Wilbraham which is one town east of Springfield, and know the city VERY well. There are a couple of parking lots close to the bus and train stations. I've usually found that cruise-line sponsored bus transportation tends to leave from the street outside the main entrance to the TRAIN station, which is right around the corner from the BUS terminal. Neither area is very safe. I feel strongly that Springfield is one of the more seedy and dangerous cities in the northeast.

When are you cruising? Where are you sailing out of?

The police station is only a few blocks (short cab ride) from that area. You could consider parking in their lot for the week. It's probably the safest lot in town with all the officers coming and going. Depending on the time of day, you could actually drop your family and luggage off at either the train or bus station, drive to the police station, park your car and WALK back to join your family (the toughest adult male should do this). It would be a ten minute walk through an industrial area.

If money is no object, you can park at Ken's Parking on Dwight Street within steps from the train station where the cruise busses usually leave from. Your car will likely be moved to another place for the week, but will be back at the main lot at the specified time of your return.

Hope this helps.

Thanks. Since both couples have new vehicles, I guess we will drive it to NY. We are in Pittsfield and this is about what I expected to hear. Thanks again. :)

You could take a train from Pittsfield, MA to Albany, NY then one to NY penn station and stay at the http://www.redroofinn.com in Manhattan the night before it is 2 blocks south of Penn station. In morning of cruise take a cab to boat.

We are doing this only from SYracuse NY.

I agree with the others I grew up in western ma dont park there for that long.

You could take a train from Pittsfield, MA to Albany, NY then one to NY penn station and stay at the www.redroofinn.com in Manhattan the night before it is 2 blocks south of Penn station. In morning of cruise take a cab to boat.

We are doing this only from SYracuse NY.

I agree with the others I grew up in western ma dont park there for that long.

Thanks. There is an Amtrack from Pittsfield to NY that does not get in until late in the day. Albany is 45 minutes from us. Decided not to take the train anyways. We would need 3 taxi's (25.00 each way to port, plus tip). So we are driving. 2 cars. :)

Thanks. There is an Amtrack from Pittsfield to NY that does not get in until late in the day. Albany is 45 minutes from us. Decided not to take the train anyways. We would need 3 taxi's (25.00 each way to port, plus tip). So we are driving. 2 cars. :)

You are making the right decision....

Archived