How much is the Zipline on oasis?

JoyB

Can anyone tell me how much the Zip line is on the Oasis?

Also if you know the price for the Flow rider..

I wanted to be able to plan for a few rides.

thanks

I don't think you can make reservations (not sure though)

Both times we went...only a couple of people a head of us.

One couple did not do the waiver on line, so they had to step aside to fill out paperwork.

Now....as far as the lessons for the wave runner, again, not sure how that works either.

If you are just doing the zip line and simple boogie boarding or surfing, you just go stand in line. There are bleachers to observe...(so damn funny to watch):D

You can't make reservations except for Flowrider Lessons. On the ship you just walk up, get in line, and enjoy the ride! :D Oh and try to use them the first couple of days. If you can use them boarding day, that's even better. The more you wait in the week, the longer the lines get. It's okay for the flowrider where you'll be wet, but waiting in line for long periods of time for the zip line in the hot Caribbean sun isn't very fun.

Can you make advanced reservations online for the zipline?

How is availability if you decide, spur of the moment, on the ship to do it?

I did not make reservations on the Oasis for the zipline. When I decided i would try it - I am extremely fearful of high, open places - there was only 2 people ahead of me. The ride was great; I really enjoyed it. I rode it on the last sea day, in the middle of the afternoon.

On the Allure a couple weeks ago, you also needed socks for the zipline. Don't worry about lines. Most people on the ship (older folks) don't do it and it is over in 7 seconds so the wait is never that long.

They do flowrider lessons in the mornings between 8 and 9am. If there are alot of younger folks on board the flowriders may be backed up. They usually let you ride till you fall off or approx 5 minutes if there is a line.

Both of these things were

1-free, no reservations needed, just sign your waivers and dress appropriately (as others have pointed out)

2-much less of a bottle neck than I expected, we did the zip line at 2 on the last sea day and still didn't wait long! if you go early ( both morning and earlier day of the cruise) you'll hardly wait at all!

3-fun!

The flowrider advice is good about wearing a t-shirt over your swimsuit. The water comes at you at 35 mph or so and you don't want to lose any part of your swimsuit. Also, doing the waivers on the RCI site is a great idea, rather than filling out a long form. It will all be on your card.

I am an older person, and I did the zipline. I was somewhat scared, but I knew I would regret not doing it. It was short, but worth the experience. We had a day when the winds were too high, so they closed it that day, but we saw it open the next day and did not have a long wait. The worst part is stepping off the platform, but you blink and you are almost to the end. It was fun, though short.

On the Allure a couple weeks ago, you also needed socks for the zipline. Don't worry about lines. Most people on the ship (older folks) don't do it and it is over in 7 seconds so the wait is never that long.

Of course most people on the Allure would be "older folk" - who do you think pays for the cruise - the tots and teens can't afford the purchase price of the.

I saw plenty of "older folk" on the zip line, and that includes me.

Question about wearing socks on the Allure zipline -

If you wear closed toe shoes do you still have to wear socks or do you wear them with sandals that have a backstrap? Or, do you just wear the socks and no shoes?

I think I also saw something on CC a while back saying that you could wear no jewelry, glasses, etc. because they didn't want anything to fall on passengers below. Is this true?

I, too, am an "older" passenger who will, hopefully, be on the zipline at least once every day I'm on the Allure next February - the main reason we booked the Allure. I've done the Adventure Canopy and Zipline tour in St. Maarten and just did the Labadee zip last month. Can't wait until February!!

No shoes..no sandals. Socks and sneakers. I did not do it, but my husband did. He had on loafer type shoes and he was told lace up sneakers and socks ..so he had to go back to the room and change. PS...he loved it, but said it was too short.:o

Archived