RC Majesty of the Seas Deck 8 - Obstructed Views?

I was on Sovereign (sister ship to Majesty) last month in a deck 8 OV. Most cabins have lifeboats blocking the upper part of the view, but you can see the ocean if look slightly down. There are also several cabins between lifeboats with minimal view obstruction. Here's the list with minimal obstruction:

Port Forward: 8508, 8520, 8530, 8532, 8534, 8536

Port Aft: 8538, 8548, 8550, 8560, 8572, 8584, 8596

Starboard Forward: 8008, 8020, 8030, 8032, 8034, 8036

Starboard Aft: 8038, 8048, 8050, 8060, 8072, 8084, 8096

RCL can tell you the percentage of obstruction. I had a quad (not by choice) with 25% obstruction and the view was fine with me.

Looking both directions, right and left

Picture055.jpg

Picture054.jpg

I would much rather have a deck 8 obstructed, a nice high deck, than deck 2 or 3 port holes for the money.

We just got off the Majesty. We were in 8096, very small room, the obstruction didn't bother us. You could see the ocean and had daylight in our cabin. Being on the 8th deck was much better than being on the 2nd or 3rd deck. The only thing that I could complain about was right around the corner from our cabin was a Mens public restroom. It wasn't the noise that was the problem...it was the smell:eek: Morning, noon and night it smelled. We had a great cruise, just smelly when we came around the corner:D

Have a great day!!

Henepup

I booked a cabin on Deck 8 on Majesty of the Seas, but now I’m a little bit concerned about the obstructed view.

Do you have any idea of how obstructed is an obstructed view room? Do all rooms have the same percentage of obstruction?

Thanks!

Well first I have been on the majesty of the sea's 3 times now, as recently as 2 weeks ago.

I noticed that all the cabins on deck 8 have obstructed views due to the hanging life boats(your muster station will be on deck 7). I would guess it really does obstruct your view as much as 40%, where as a some other cabins on deck 8 had as little as 10% obstructed.

• 1 year later...
I was on Sovereign (sister ship to Majesty) last month in a deck 8 OV. Most cabins have lifeboats blocking the upper part of the view, but you can see the ocean if look slightly down. There are also several cabins between lifeboats with minimal view obstruction. Here's the list with minimal obstruction:

Port Forward: 8508, 8520, 8530, 8532, 8534, 8536

Port Aft: 8538, 8548, 8550, 8560, 8572, 8584, 8596

Starboard Forward: 8008, 8020, 8030, 8032, 8034, 8036

Starboard Aft: 8038, 8048, 8050, 8060, 8072, 8084, 8096

Thanks for the info. I phoned RCL here in the UK and was told that all cabins on deck 8 had a 99% obstructed view. Now I can at least book a cabin with a partial view.

Thanks for the info. I phoned RCL here in the UK and was told that all cabins on deck 8 had a 99% obstructed view. Now I can at least book a cabin with a partial view.

So sorry that the RCL UK info was so WRONG!! DS and I did a boys cruise on monarch in 8538 and I would agree we had a great view, and even our prior OV cruise on deck 8 on sovereign in a obstructed view was such that when we looked straight forward, we saw a lifeboat, when we shifted out eyes down there was plenty of gorgeous ocean. Deck 8 obstructed view rooms on Sovereign class ships are among the great values in RCCI' fleet, from there we would have to pay more for an UPGRADE down to deck 2 and small portholes and the need to rely on elevators or so many more decks of stairs to get most places we wanted to be on a ship compared to the convenience of deck 8.

Hello. I have booked an exterior view warranty and RCCL has asigned us room 8504.

I have read all posts here, and I am really woorry about my OV room. Does anybody know how obstructed will be oru room? Has anybody got a photo of this obstructed view?

Any advice will be welcome!! Thanks

Victor

Just got off the Majesty today. Absolutely no obstruction at all in cabin 8536 although it was a little close to the elevators during Spring Break time. The bottom of the lifeboats come to just the top of the window. I have a picture out the window if I can figure out how to download it to here.

We were in 8076 on Majesty. I could see the ocean and all the landscape but if I looked up my view of the sky was blocked by the bottom of a lifeboat. I don't spend much time looking up so it didn't bother me..:)

Here's the Deck plan - pink dots show the "unobstructed" or "less obstructed" obstructed cabins. :)

2851312700046215528S600x600Q85.jpg

Emdia, according to the map 8076 cabin has the same view than 8504, hasn`t it? Therefore, I wouldn't worry about...

Do you have pics to share about cabin's view?

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

Couple of years ago we were in 8532. We had found the OP and used those numbers in selecting our cabin. The window as actually between 2 lifeboats, one of which was the mini lifeboat that didn't even cover the room next to us. Always had a good view from the window of the water/scenery and people walking on deck..remember that is you are into

cuddly walks at night..never know who is watching from above.

• 1 year later...

hi, we are hoping to get a cabin for 3 on deck 8 as the price seems good - it will be our 1st cruise and the majesty looks perfect for newbies !! can anyone recommend a cabin that sleeps 3 that has an unobstructed view or maybe not a bad obstructed view? :)

hi, we are hoping to get a cabin for 3 on deck 8 as the price seems good - it will be our 1st cruise and the majesty looks perfect for newbies !! can anyone recommend a cabin that sleeps 3 that has an unobstructed view or maybe not a bad obstructed view? :)

We were in 8076 on Majesty. I could see the ocean and all the landscape but if I looked up my view of the sky was blocked by the bottom of a lifeboat. I don't spend much time looking up so it didn't bother me..:)

hi, would you have any pics of the room? thanks :)

I would suggest cabins # 8596 or 8096. According to a printout of deck plan I have of the least unobstructed views these two cabins are marked with an asterik for a third person in a pullman. Other cabins that have least unobstructed view but aren't marked for a third person are # 8548, 8550, 8048, 8050, 8560, 8060, 8572, 8072. You can maybe inquire with RC if these rooms can accommodate a third person.

I hope this helps!

Archived