Self Serve Laundry Facilities?

tazaroo

Mr. Sasso,

My wife and kids are really looking forward to our first trip with MSC in a month. I read somewhere on this board that there is no self serve laundry facilities on the MSC Orchestra and that there was a pay cleaning service.

As you can imagine with the 4 of us we will go through a lot of clothes on a 7 day cruise plus 2 more days of driving in our case. We would like to be able to wash and dry our on clothes to not have to pack so much. Is there really no self serve laundry on the Orchestra and do you have any plans to change this? Also, how much does the pay laundry service run?

Thanks in advance for answering all these questions and taking up your time.

There's no self-serve laundry as far as I can tell. We generally take along a small container of laundry detergent and do light washings in the small sink, and hang them to dry over the shower. Frankly, we're going for two weeks later this month and I expect we'll bring enough clothes to last us the whole time without much if any laundry to worry about, as we've done many times before. For one week you should be ok. :)

There are definitely no self service laundry facilities on any of the MSC ships. It certainly would be handy for the longer voyages as trying to bring enough stuff for 3 weeks and different climates is not easy with the measly 23kg of luggage allowance most European airlines give you.

I end up washing small items by hand in the bathroom and sending other things to the ship's laundry. They do a good job but it isn't cheap and I certainly would not wish to contemplate the cost of doing that for 4 of you.

Archived