personal choice dining ??

AntonJ

I have friends who will be on the Diamond in a few weeks. They have chosen personal choice dining and wonder what this means in terms of dress. They hope to wear dockers/polo shirts each night so I wonder if this will work. Any comments?

Dockers/polo shirts are OK on smart-casual nights. There are two formal nights, where the "recommended" dress is dark suit or tux for the men, and evening wear for the ladies. The recommendation applies to both traditional and PC dining, and alternative restaurants.

Completed:

Sea Princess, Royal Princess, Grand Princess (3X), Caribbean Princess, Golden Princess

Coming up:

Tahitian Princess Oct 14/04

Caribbean Princess redux 6/25/05

I have my Princess Patter right in front of my and I quote Princess:

Dress Code:

During the day, sportswear and casual clothes are suggested.

Guidelines for wear from 5:30 pm and throughout the evening are:

Formal: A Dinner Jacket or dark business suit for gentlemen and a full length evening gown, cocktail dress or trouser suit for ladies.

Smart Casual: An open neck shirt and slacks for gentlemen and a dress, skirt and blouse or trouser suit outfit for ladies. Shorts and T-Shirts are not permitted in the Dining Rooms.

Okay, that is directly from Princess. This is directly from me: You should dress the same in the anytime dining rooms as you would in the traditional dining room. If you want to be more casual, dine in the Horizon Court during the day or in the Cafe Caribe after 5:30pm.

Thanks. I assumed that the dress would be the same in each place but am having a hard time convincing them. I guess they'll eat in the buffet most nights. How sad.

It's only on the two formal nights that khakis and a polo shirt wouldn't be fine in the PC dining rooms. So five out of seven nights they won't have to dress up. And I hope they'll consider bringing along some nice clothes for formal nights because they're part of the fun of taking cruises.

FYI,

I noticed a LOT more jeans in the dining rooms this trip out (Diamond 5/15)...not sure if it was just cause people thought that was dressy enough or not. Wish I hadn't lugged some many clothes, heck if I knew people were now into jeans in the dining room, I would do that too!

Naaaaaa, I like dressing nicer for dinner, it sorta makes the cruise special.

I would change back to traditional though next time, didn't care for the jumping around to the different dining rooms each night.

carol t

I agree with Carol - we were also on the 5/15 cruise and saw lots of jeans and even a t-shirt or two in the dining rooms. I didn't (and won't) do formal but there were lots of folks wearing all sorts of clothes - suits of all colors, some in just sweaters. we saw lots of folks in tuxes in the buffet too - not sure what that was all about :-)

Archived