Ocean Swimming at Cruise Ship Port Village?

pickler1

Is it possible to go swimming in the ocean there at the cruise ship port village?

Pretty rocky shore on the port complex side. That nice beach you see on the other side is an old beach resort that is no longer open nor accessible to cruisers. I'm not accessible to my photobucket, but will try to remeber to post pics tonight.

Thanks Crewsweeper. We would love to see your pics of there.

After more research on the web we are considering either Tropicante or the Jungle Beach Break at Uvero Beach and trying snorkeling under the old pier there.

Oops my bad. Got tied up with family matters.

But Tropicante is a good spot, deal with Steve. He will take good care of you. Unfortunately you'll have to work your way down the malecon and through all the beach lounge chair hawkers ambushing you. Haven't done the Uvero Beach tour. It's a bit of a drive up the coast and where they had the dolphins at one time. If you don't want to travel far and just want a nice beach to swim from look at Nohoch Kay at the south end of the malecon. Or book Maya Chan. The latter two are both AI's and the hosts take pride in treating their guests to wonderful relaxing days. No vendors/hawkers.

Archived