Oceana 14th July 2 nights

rubydoobydoo

I can't see a roll call for this one

I have just booked this for myself and 5 friends as none of them have been on a cruise before, I have never done a mini cruise before either but I assume there is no difference, just less nights.

Food and entertainments all the same ?

Is anyone else booked on this one ?

Janis

I have just booked my 1st mini cruise on Oceana but in August and I am led to believe that there is a big difference in a short cruise to a full length one. These mini cruises are now being called the party cruises because of the hen weekends etc that go on them. 1st time cruisers have been known never to sail again because of the experience.:eek:

I have been on a few cruises but have chosen a mini cruise to celebrate a special anniversary with the family, so we won't mind a bit of partying.:D

A party cruise :eek:

I have been on Oceana twice before and the average age was probably about 70

This time I will be with 5 friends to celebrate my 50th birthday but I promise we will behave ourselves :D

We will also be onboard as a couple celebrating my husband's 50-something birthday - we will try and smuggle a bottle of wine on board to celebrate! First time for us on a very short cruise too, but this one fits in with work and our desire to go to Guernsey (I have not been in 20 years.)

Chelsea1, no need to smuggle anything on board as this is allowed with P and O. On our last P and O cruise we took 3 boxes of wine on board (well it was for 12 days):eek: haha.

I am so hoping the ship stops at Guernsey as it depends on the swell whether the tenders cope. It has been a bit of hit and miss recently. I have never been before and looking forward to it.

A party cruise :eek:

I have been on Oceana twice before and the average age was probably about 70

This time I will be with 5 friends to celebrate my 50th birthday but I promise we will behave ourselves :D

I have heard the average age drops considerably on a mini cruise because of hen nights etc.

No need to promise to behave yourself, its your holiday, enjoy!!!!!

My mate at work just booked this for himself and his wife, it's their first cruise but are very open minded and lovely people! They got it for £129 each which is an absolute bargain!

This sounds like it will be a fun cruise

I see there will be a formal night too, I wasn't expecting that

Do you still get drinks etc. charged to your room card or as it is only two days do you pay cash?

Also are we still eligible for the discounts once on board as we have cruised with P and O before ?

Janis

This sounds like it will be a fun cruise

I see there will be a formal night too, I wasn't expecting that

Do you still get drinks etc. charged to your room card or as it is only two days do you pay cash?

Also are we still eligible for the discounts once on board as we have cruised with P and O before ?

Janis

All expenditure charged to your card, no cash on board. You do get discounts if you are a Peninsular member

Archived