Alaska Solo

thephantomsgirl

Hey everyone!

I'm going to bite the bullet and actually sail solo on an Alaskan cruise (DCL) in 8/13.

I've traveled often solo, but never cruised solo. I have a friend who often sailed solo on DCL. We have done two cruises together, and will be doing our third in 19 days.

Our first one, we shared a Cat 5 cabin, and both agreed that we like our space. We get along fine, but cruise cabins are small! Our next two cruises, we did - and will - still share - but in a suite.

We were going to sail together in 2013, but she finally talked her husband into doing a sailing with her. (I'm glad that she has, though I will miss sailing with her)

Since I had a solo concierge cabin booked on DCL (their newer Cat "V" category) I needed to stay with DCL or lose my deposit.

Decided if I were going to go solo, I'd do something a little more exotic than the Eastern or Western. I had really wanted to do the WBTA, but DCL still has not announced it at this date. So...Alaska it is.

Hey everyone!

I'm going to bite the bullet and actually sail solo on an Alaskan cruise (DCL) in 8/13.

I've traveled often solo, but never cruised solo. I have a friend who often sailed solo on DCL. We have done two cruises together, and will be doing our third in 19 days.

Our first one, we shared a Cat 5 cabin, and both agreed that we like our space. We get along fine, but cruise cabins are small! Our next two cruises, we did - and will - still share - but in a suite.

We were going to sail together in 2013, but she finally talked her husband into doing a sailing with her. (I'm glad that she has, though I will miss sailing with her)

Since I had a solo concierge cabin booked on DCL (their newer Cat "V" category) I needed to stay with DCL or lose my deposit.

Decided if I were going to go solo, I'd do something a little more exotic than the Eastern or Western. I had really wanted to do the WBTA, but DCL still has not announced it at this date. So...Alaska it is.

ThePhantomsgirl, I did the Alaska Cruise as a solo and it was a great cruise. The trip itself is great, so I think you will enjoy yourself. The scenery is very nice, and the widlife you get to see isn't something you get on most cruises. Hope you have a great trip. Happy Sailing.

• 2 weeks later...

I have also done Alaska solo (3 times:D) and I always sail solo:)

and I am thinking of doing it again in 2013....LOVE sailing that

itinerary....love sailing solo even more;)

Hey everyone!

Glad you found something you liked. I'm booked on the Fantasy cruise that you were originally on (Dec. 15) and have read your posts about looking for a TA. Do you only cruise DCL?

i am thinking of sailing solo in May on the Diamond. I always sail with my honey but he can't go. I know a few people on board and I am a very social person but I am still apprehensive. Just too good a deal to pass up and no travel to and from the port.

Vickie

I am sailing solo to Alaska in 11 days!! May 9th. I had booked a 3 day coastal Cruise on Holland America and I guess they wanted my cabin, they offer to move me to a 7 day Alaska trip for the same money...so off I go!

So excited ....this will be my second time to Alaska and the scenery is just spectacular.

I have always used DCL for going solo, including sailing Alaska in May 2011. My most favorite trip or cruise was a solo DCL Med in 2010!

I just booked a last minute solo Med on Royal Caribbean and I hope everything is OK. This will be my first trip on RCI but the price was too good to pass up.

Hope that you enjoy Alaska :)

Archived