Accident on Noordam

Ides of March

I just checked CruiseJunkie and there is nothing there.

At the top, CruiseJunkie says he/she is gone until April 28th, so I figure it won't pop up until at least then.

I've looked everywhere I can think of and find nothing about a Noordam accident, so it must have been something on a smaller scale. You know like falling in the shower which led to complications, although not directly related to the ship itself. Just an idea.

I just checked the web site that is trying to link global warming to cruising , and there is nothing there on this story. It does however, have a report about a 13 year old girl who "went over the rail and fell down 5 flights of stairs" on an interior stairway on NCL.

On Wednesday April 4, 2007, I spoke with a couple in St Thomas who were on the Noordam. The ship was on an 11 night cruise out of New York. It is due back tomorrow. They told us that they had a medical emergency on the ship and a passenger was returned to the mainland by helicopter evacuation.

I do not know any further details about the actual incident but the ship had to skip Tortola to make up for the course deviation.

http://www.rotor.com/Default.aspx?tabid=510&newsid905=54513&

The above website has an account of a woman being airlifted from the ship after falling down; the date coincides with the death notice in the Ottawa Citizen mentioned by the OP.

Very sad.

:(

Since Noordam was mis-spelled in the article it could explain why websearches turned up nothing.

Good eye Nathan, I even missed that;)

I may be blond but......I got good eyes! LOL:D

The Poor Dear...

I can't help but wonder which staircase it was.

:(

You ARE morbid, aren't you, my dear? I picture you with a candle stick at the top of the stairs saying "Need more light, deary??":rolleyes:

Name: Anthony Burger

Date: February 22, 2006

Bruise: Death

Bruise Location: At Sea Caribbean

Home Town: Brentwood Tennessee

Cruise Line: Holland America

Ship: Noordam

Attorney: None

Details:

Anthony was a contracted gospel pianist performing onboard

His latest album was nominated for a 2006 Gospel Music Association Award

He studied classical music at the Cadek Conservatory of Music in Chattanooga, Tennessee

He recorded nearly two dozen albums with the gospel group, The Kingsmen.

Singing News Magazine's #1 musician for 10 years in a row (1980-1989).

He collapsed on stage during a concert.

He was playing "We Shall Behold Him" on a Bill Gaither Homecoming cruise in the Caribbean when he collapsed and died.

If you were on this cruise and have information, please contact Cruise Bruise

Oh my goodness. How horrible. Collapsed on stage, so young. What a shock for all aboard.

Makes me feel terrible thinking about it.

Yes, too young. But on the other hand (and call me morbid too if you like) he left in the middle of doing something he really loved.

If I could pick the way I got to go, it would be on a cruise, (although not playing the piano, since I'm no good at it.)

Just a thought...

Anthony Burger was a remarkably talented pianist and a very fine young man.

He sustained a major injury to both hands when he fell hands-first on to a hot heating floor register as a child. His doctors indicated he would never have good use of his hands.

He overcame those injuries to become one of the most successful pianists in the field of religious music.

His sudden death while playing on a Gaither charter cruise was a shock to the Christian music world.

I was scanning the obits in the Ottawa paper tonight and noted a Elsie Scott died on April 2nd as a result of an accident on the cruise ship Noordam.

Anyone know what happened?

Ides

Name: Anthony Burger

Date: February 22, 2006

Bruise: Death

Bruise Location: At Sea Caribbean

Home Town: Brentwood Tennessee

Cruise Line: Holland America

Ship: Noordam

Attorney: None

Details:

Please, what does the death of Anthony Burger more than a year ago have to do with the question that Ides of March originally asked about the death of Elsie Scott this past month?:confused: Thank you for any clarification.

Archived