July 4 2009 Pride Cruise of Norway

marchanxiety

Hi, this is my first post. My Husband and I are thinking about booking the July 4 Norwegian cruise on the Pride. We have cruised on Seabourn 4 times before and are familiar with all the ships. I have some questions for anyone who has done this trip before. (It is the one that goes clear up to the North Cape.)

There are a lot of sea days. Does it get dull, or are there activities? The scenery is a major attraction--is the weather usually reasonably clear? (During an Alaska cruise we saw relatively little scenery.) Are the offered excursions enjoyable?

The price looks great compared to what it usually is. Is anyone else on this board planning to go?

Hi Welcome to the boards firstly!

The cruise on the July 4th to the North Cape is amazing, I did the same trip in June last year and it was one of the best cruises I have done, it is so much better than the normal fjord trip that SB does as the best scenery by far is north of the Artic Circle, the scenery is fantastic, especially the sail up which sails inside the fjords, rather than open sea which you do on the way back down.

Standing up on deck at Midnight in sunshine is a great experience, which is even stranger when ski boats with water skiers behind them are along side the ship!!

The Lofoten Isles are magical and well worth a visit and the fjord that you visit after them is one of the most spectacular places I have been too and was worth the trip alone.

The Sea days back down are very relaxing with a fair amount going on, not as scenic as the way up, but a nice way to chill out and relax.

I could not recommend the cruise highly enough and I love hot sunshine cruises.

Fire away with any other questions you may have

deb

Archived