Things to do?

lamforce1

Hi,

I was just wondering if anyone had any suggestions on what to do on departure day?

We get off the ship in Miami and our flight is out of FLL airport at 5:40 :eek: only flight we could get non stop... we just have no idea what to do in between!

Hi,

I was just wondering if anyone had any suggestions on what to do on departure day?

We get off the ship in Miami and our flight is out of FLL airport at 5:40 :eek: only flight we could get non stop... we just have no idea what to do in between!

Find a private tour or a cruise line tour that shows you some of the sites.

Rent a car for the day and just wander .

We have the same issue. The only post-cruise excursion (Tour of Miami) states that it is for anyone who has a flight after 2pm, so it'll get to the airport at the latest at 1pm. Our flight is at 4:10!

We are on the Epic, sailing on 11/24.

This happened to us a few years back, when we were on a different cruise line. They had a concierge onboard, and she arranged for us to rent a car. The rental agency's van picked us up (they'll pick ANYONE up-- nothing needed to prove anything) right outside the port... there's a specific place where they stop, and I'm sure anyone in authority at the port can direct you to the right place. The van took us to a little storefront in a shopping center-- I think it was Budget, but not sure-- where we did the paperwork and got the car.

We toured around on our own, our luggage securely in the trunk. I think it cost us around $50 back then-- might be more now! Very painless and well worth it!

I've also heard-- but don't know for a fact-- that you can store your luggage at a hotel for a fee. If you're coming in a day early and staying at a hotel, ask them about that.

I recommend, what others have, do a port excursion via the ship. Normally I don't recommend them, but in this case it is the perfect solution. The only draw back, I have known them to be cancelled at the last day (twice on other lines) because of lack of sign ups. The other option is renting a car for 1/2 day, but it can almost be more trouble than it is worth. By the time you get the off the ship, get the rental car and your luggage, drive around for awhile it is time to drop the car off and head to the airport.

Nita

I think we are going to rent a car. I like going to Bayside. Also the art deco is really nice to see. We get back in Miami on Easter so I am sure we will find a church. What I like is putting the bags in a trunk out of sight. Then I feel free to get out and explore.

The day pass is the best idea, IMO....your own "space" and bathroom, shower, etc....makes getting ready for a flight nice. You will be off the ship before 10am, in all likelihood, and that makes for a long day, just driving around, trying to find something to do. Go to Hotels.com, get the phone # of some hotels close to port and start calling them!

I am big on the car rental.

If you do the hotel thing, I would get one close to FLL so you are not stressed about making that trip. In fact, I might still get a car. That would cover your transportation along the way.

Archived