Taking alcohol onboard

davwen81

I an getting conflicting opinions on this too and wonder if a recent cruiser on Arcadia can help. Can you take alcohol on board, if so how much and does this policy change depending on where you cruise from. We are joining the 2014 Sydney to Southampton sector and wonder if we can take alcohol on in Sydney and then top up in say Perth. Any advice is really appreciated.

Cheers Wendy and David

I have never boarded in Sydney so can't say about that but we have never had any problems taking alcohol on board. We were in the Med in October, took alcohol aboard in Southampton in our hand luggage and then bought some at stops in Corfu and Opporto - again no problem. We have taken duty free aboard when on a fly cruise in the Caribbean as well.

:)

I know they stopped people taking alcohol onboard Ventura a year or so ago because they had problems on that ship - but do not know what the situation is now. We have taken duty frees on in the Caribbean a couple of years ago and kept them in the cabin.

It did not cost that much to buy a bottle for in cabin use on P&O ships - but I do not know how that may have changed either.

I think there is something in the T&C's that say they reserve to take alcohol off you - or words to that effect. I assume it would be returned on dismbarkation though.

I an getting conflicting opinions on this too and wonder if a recent cruiser on Arcadia can help. Can you take alcohol on board, if so how much and does this policy change depending on where you cruise from. We are joining the 2014 Sydney to Southampton sector and wonder if we can take alcohol on in Sydney and then top up in say Perth. Any advice is really appreciated.

Cheers Wendy and David

On The Oriana 6th Jan to 29th January Caribbean Cruise from Southampton

Many Passengers took alcohol onboard and also purchased bottles from visited ports with no problem. The bags were X-rayed for security on boarding but given back immediately.

Archived