Transpacific

jo335wms

Has anyone been on a transpacific cruise in September? What was weather like rough sea?? Obviously middle of cruise ship best but is forward or aft best?

We were on a Hawaii cruise in October. The only day we had rough seas was the second to last day coming back to the mainland. It was quite windy most days, however, but the weather was really nice.

We have done a HAL transpacific cruise in September. I suspect that the route taken will pretty much determine what the seas may be like. Our's was from Seattle to Petropavlovsk which took us through the Bering Sea and it was a bit rough at times but not unbearable.

What will be the temperature and cloud cover over your home in 4 weeks? Answering the question is about the same as trying to predict sea conditions or weather in the Pacific or just about anywhere else. The sea condition and weather questions always make me wonder about common sense. The reality is that you can never accurately predict those things more then a few weeks in advance. You could find many cruisers who would tell you about the wonderful weather they had when cruising between New York and Bermuda in early August. Yet one year DW and I hit a hurricane on this route and had seas in excess of 45 feet! So what does that prove?

Hank

Archived