Horse riding ??????

johnny tallentire

Hi all myself and family going transatlantic in october and really would like to find somewhere for my girlfriend and daughter to go horse riding,we will be visiting Antigua St Maarten Dominica and St Lucia,can anyone offer advise of where horse riding is possible at any of these locations

• 3 weeks later...

Ok, this is what we did. I knew ahead of time that we wanted to do the horseback riding in Antigua but wasn't sure the exact whereabouts of how to find it. We got off the ship around 9am, I wanted to do this before it became too hot in the day. There are alot of guys outside of the terminal that offer tours and taxis and such, just like any other port. I told the first man I saw that I wanted to do horseback riding on the beach. He took us to his taxi which was actually like a Toyota van. It was just the 3 of us and he didn't wait for any more passengers. I cannot remember the name of the beach but I think it was Runaway Beach or at least in that vicinity. We rode for about 10-15 minutes and the taxi fare wasn't very much. Can't remember exactly but maybe 10-12 for the 3 of us one way. He drops us off at a small bar/restaurant on the beach and the horses are saddled and tied up under some trees near the main road, you see them as you turn down the road to the beach. He got the man that operates the horseback riding and we paid him, I believe, 70-80 for 2 of us to go. My husband stayed at the beach--he got a lounge chair and some beers and was happy as could be. We walked up to where the horses were tied up and he chose them for us. Very nice kept horses. It was just me, my son and the guide. We rode down the road aways to a beach and down the beach and back up the road to where we started from. The beach was gorgeous. You could ride anyway you wanted to but we just walked ours. I hadn't ridden in years and my son never had so we took it easy. Our 2 horses really just followed the guide since they do it so much. I didn't time it but it was at least 45 min to an hour riding time. The guide told us all sorts of stuff about the island and he questioned us about the states. It was one of the best times I had. I don't have anything in writing as to where we were exactly but if I remember right, the bar/resaurant area was next to Sandals resort. There is no name to the horseback riding that I am aware of. Sorry I can't give you any specific names and places but I didn't have them either when I did it and it worked out wonderfully. There are taxis waiting there and it was the same amount to get back to the pier. Be sure and use sunscreen and be ready for a nap. I got back to the ship and napped for about 2 hours--which is unusual for me. The scenery is just beautiful. I hope this helps you out and you enjoy your cruise.

Tina

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

Archived