Problem Booking Waikiki Hotels Week of April 21, 2013?

kcfoxy

Hi all. Love to book as far in advance as possible...planning on coming into Honolulu the Wednesday before our Saturday afternoon embarkation...will be about our 7th or 8th time to visit :p

What's really weird was trying to book the week of April 21th...we are shooting for flying in the 24th, then cruising but noticed only a handful of hotels listing on the travel sites for our target area.

Something big planned for that particular time frame we don't know about?

A year too early to book? Too early for flights we know, but hotels...c'mon! :eek:

Any kama'aina with any insight we would be very grateful...mahalo plenty :D

HawaiiHonoluluKuaAinaavoandbaconburgers.jpg.5a191afc9ef51b0b80397e9b2729ec19.jpg

HawaiiWaikikiIMPFCSaigonExpressShrimpPadThai.jpg.f41e989d692327f8370961a56d3d6369.jpg

Hawaiiplatelunch_asahi_kalbi.jpg.6766d5a05cd9b7c457eb92c59f51bc08.jpg

HawaiiHonoluluLocalBoysCalamariSteakbutterlemon.jpg.0e34df23b0a2dbac567473f3d6e63066.jpg

You're trying to book a year (and more) in advance. Many hotels haven't released their rooms for booking yet.

Most airlines also haven't released award seats for booking either.

Hello and thanks for your response. Yes, as I mentioned above, we understand about the airlines, most don't accept reservations more than 330 days ahead. (Ditto rental cars, been there, tried that).

But since NCL was verry happy to accept our more than a year out cruise rez, we were also hoping to secure our rooms ASAP as well. If it is something as simple as needing to wait until the end of May vs some massively popular festival or event we know nothing about...can stifle our enthusiasm a wee bit more if we must ;)

There is a huge thing coming to Hawaii in that time frame...called "Hawaii Global Rally 2013".

It looks like it will suck up a load of hotel rooms, rental cars, and space. It is from April 21st to April 29th.

Will it really? Never heard of them, but it looks just like another pyramid-scheme company having a conference.

Will it really? Never heard of them, but it looks just like another pyramid-scheme company having a conference.

It a pyramid company and it is no different than any other conference and they are only using the HHV. It should not affect the rest of Waikiki. I'd wait a couple of months before booking some place, I doubt you'll have any issues.

It a pyramid company and it is no different than any other conference and they are only using the HHV. It should not affect the rest of Waikiki. I'd wait a couple of months before booking some place, I doubt you'll have any issues.

Mahalo, no worries then, will try again later :p

There is a huge thing coming to Hawaii in that time frame...called "Hawaii Global Rally 2013".

It looks like it will suck up a load of hotel rooms, rental cars, and space. It is from April 21st to April 29th.

Chuck

Tanks for da info, 'cuz :D

Why not book through NCL? I did just that a year out from my cruise for the Waikiki Marriott and found the prices to be comparable and it includes priority boarding and transportation to the port. :D

We do have a tentative deluxe studio at the Ilima booked for the dates required, at a 15% early bird discount, but as our first choice hotel wasn't available at the time... so maybe we will have to check out the NCL hotel offerings...thanks for the tip :)

HawaiiWaikikiIlimaHoteldeluxestudioview.jpg.2d6490e82ebf6d57bfbb651e0f62c5da.jpg

We do have a tentative deluxe studio at the Ilima booked for the dates required, at a 15% early bird discount, but as our first choice hotel wasn't available at the time... so maybe we will have to check out the NCL hotel offerings...thanks for the tip :)

Curious what your first hotel choice was? The Ilima is a great budget hotel, widely touted for its friendly service, but it is back off the beach a bit. What price range were you looking for? I wouldn't lock yourself in now just because you want to book early. Waikiki has thousands and thousands of hotel room, the only time it really "sells out" is Christmas or Thanksgiving time and even then you can still find accommodations usually.

The link below is good for looking at hotels.

http://www.wizardpub.com/oahu/oahaerials.html

Archived