Carnival Terry Cloth Robes

Cruisequest

Are these robes nice? We just spent a weekend in a very nice B&B and they had terry cloth robes for us to use. My H commented on how nice they were and that maybe he would want one.

Can anyone describe these? Are they thick or thin terry cloth? Light or heavy?

In doing some research $39 seems to be a very reasonable price for a nice robe.

Oh, I'm asking now because I want to purchase in advance.

I like the robes... forgot to buy one on the last cruise... They are not too heavy and not to thin... they are just right :p And not bad at all for $39. My question is, why are you going to buy one in advance? You can order one and have it waiting in your cabin for you, but it's just as easy to wait until you are on the ship... there is no discount for ordering it early...

That's so nice of you! BUT, if you have a cabin where a robe is provided... they will be in there (either folded on the bed or in the closet)... you could, bring along a little bow... once aboard, tell the steward you want to buy one... give him/her the bow and he/she will have one at some point, in the cabin, with the bow on it :) Will you buy me one too??? :p

Does Carnival put robes in all of their cabins or only the more expensive ones? As a single cruiser, I usually book one of the less expensive cabins . . . however, on Celebrity there was a robe awaiting my arrival . . . and I was in an inside cabin.

Ladycaveat,

I had a robe in my cabin (I also cruise SOLO) on my last three cruises:

Inside GLORY

outside PRIDE

outside LEGEND

(all originally booked as inside guarantees)

Even got a free one on the GLORY, but that's another story . . . . :D :D :D

The Carnival robes are very nice. Don't judge them by the ones that are left in your cabin - they are usually a bit lighter from all the washings than a brand new one would be. I bought one during my Miracle cruise and really like it - it is nice and thick and very soft, and every time I put it on I think about cruising. :D

Care to share your story about the free robe?
Okay, okay, okay. . . . . . :D

2nd or 3rd night at sea on the GLORY a year ago in October we had just gone through some light squalls around sunset and the decks were wet.

Its was about 10:30 in the evening and I was out walking the wet decks on the deck above the Lido deck (the one that looks down on the pools).

At first I thought it was foam from the sea that had somehow got on this very elevated deck. It was tumbling down the deck toward me pushed by the breeze created by the speeding ship. As I got closer I realized it was a bathrobe someone had obviously left on the deck from the daytime. It was soaking wet and filthy, of course. I picked it up. Took it too my cabin. Put the new clean one provided with the cabin in my suitcase and hung up the wet, filthy one to be left in my cabin after the cruise. WAHLAH ! ! FREE BATHROBE ! ! :D :D

"If you can't be kind . . . at least have the decency to be vague" anonymous

Even if a robe is not provided w/ your cabin ... can you not request the use of one for the duration of the cruise? ... Just curious ...btw ... Welcome back Goin' Cruisin' .... did you have a blast? ... I leave out Monday .... woo o hooooo ... did you leave any liquor on board for me and my girls ... j/k .... Happy Cruisin' ....

Beth

Does the Miracle have robes in all cabins? We are traveling in May, but don't know our cabin yet. Hoping for a good upgrade. Will inside cabins have them? Would love to get one for hubby since I hate his one he wears now!! Yuck!!

Archived