Best Pizza on a Cruise Ship?

Dan Askin

For my money, it's Carnival's new thin(ish) crust style of pizza. It's only available on a few ships at this point (Carnival Breeze, Conquest at least). There's always a wait since they bake it to order -- but it's worth it.

Haven't tried Alfredo's (several Princess ships), which I hear is pretty decent.

For my money, it's Carnival's new thin(ish) crust style of pizza. It's only available on a few ships at this point (Carnival Breeze, Conquest at least). There's always a wait since they bake it to order -- but it's worth it.

Haven't tried Alfredo's (several Princess ships), which I hear is pretty decent.

Pizza on a cruise ship is like going to a gourmet Italian Restaurant and ordering a hot dog.:rolleyes:

Pizza on a cruise ship is like going to a gourmet Italian Restaurant and ordering a hot dog.:rolleyes:

Question still stands, (appropriate) qualifier or not. Which line has the best pizza? And how dare you demean the gourmet hot dog trend <winking emoticon>.

We have had pizza on 14 of HAL's 15 ships and the best we have had was Westerdam. Not as good as we get at home but if you get it when they first put it out, the cheese was pretty good in comparison to some of their ships where we did not care for it.

Funny how it isn't the same throughout the fleet. One would think it would be pretty close.

The opinions of others are very subjective, as with any kind of food.

If you really want to know the answer, it is important to book a cruise on every cruise ship so you can compare them all and judge for yourself. ;)

But different people will be preparing the pizza at different times, and the recipes may change, so you will need to go back to cruise on each ship again and again.

I've only had pizza on three different Princess ships, and one HAL ship. On the HAL ship, I couldn't even finish the one slice I took. I know it was fresh made, but it just had the taste and consistency of a frozen pizza. On the Princess ships, I have to keep myself from walking by the pizza counter otherwise I'll keep eating it.

+1 for Princess. I've tried the pizza on Carnival and Disney in the (deep) past, and they did not compare to the (shockingly good) pizza on my one Princess cruise. I was truly surprised how good the pizza was on the Diamond Princess when we cruised it down from Alaska two summers back.

Archived