Closest Rental Car Agency to Port in Key West?

jak10-4

We are at Key West from 8am til 5pm and have decided we want to rent a car and see the area, stopping here and there rather than book an excursion.

Does anyone know what the closest rental agency is?

Thanks!

I think all of the car rental agencies are located at the Key West airport...

http://www.keywestinternationalairport.com/

...and I don't think they will deliver a car. If this is the case you'd have to take a cab out there. And IMO renting a car to see Key West would be overkill unless you planned on getting off the island to e.g., Stock Island.

Pjk

http://www.keywestinternationalairport.com/

...and I don't think they will deliver a car. If this is the case you'd have to take a cab out there. And IMO renting a car to see Key West would be overkill unless you planned on getting off the island to e.g., Stock Island.

Pjk

Agree 100%... although Hogfish Bar and Grill is definitely worth the drive, I don't think I'd rent a car. If you are uncomfortable walking around, you can always take cabs. Should be easier and cheaper than renting a car, and taking a cab to the airport to get it.

http://FloridaKeysGirl.com

There are also 2 car rental agencies on N. Roosevelt near Checkers. I believe they are Avis and Enterprise.

To the Op, all the car rental places are on the other side of the island. You'll see the island getting to them. If you want to rent a car, I recommend rental an electric car. They are a lot closer to the port.

Probably the closest is Adventure Rentals. This is walking distance from the ship. That is, if you are at Mallory Dock or Pier B.

http://www.keywest-scooter.com/

Thank you all for your replies.

We are getting married in the morning on Smathers Beach (other side of the island from the port) and we want to bring a change of clothes and some other things for the ceremony that we don't want to carry around all day after. So getting a car would give us somewhere to put our things as well as a means of transportation. Also we can't really sign on to do any excursions because of the timeline.

Another reason we want to get a car is I've always wanted to drive the highway that goes through the keys. We won't be able to go too far but I am looking forward to venturing out on it a bit.

Thanks again for your help! :)

Another reason we want to get a car is I've always wanted to drive the highway that goes through the keys. We won't be able to go too far but I am looking forward to venturing out on it a bit.

Smather's Beach is right by the airport, so getting a car there will be easy. I recommend driving up though he Saddlebunch Keys...about to mm15 and back.

One warning. Parking in KW can be a bear.

Driving the highway is a blast.

We did it one year it's entire legnth in a convertible.

Have fun. KW may be the last true beach town left.

Gramps

Key West never has been a true beach town as all the beaches are man made.

For natural beauty and sugar white sand beaches you need to visit the panhandle of Florida; no other beaches like them.

Mike:)

Archived