Is it just me that thinks this about the NCL CC board?

LOVEMYMO

I love to read this board like there is no tomorrow, all day and then some. But...I also toggle back and forth with Carnival's board. Quite frankly, there is wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyy more activity on that board than there is on NCL's and I just don't get it???? We all love cruising as much as they do...so what is the deal? I wanna know :rolleyes: Hip Hip NCL I say :D

Maybe it is a matter of volume - there are a lot more ships in Carnivals fleet than NCL's - so there are more people researching or commenting on their experience in Carnival's boards? Could just be the power of numbers.

Their (CCL) individual Roll Calls have more activity too.

Perhaps that is just one of the signs of "differences" between the two? :D

My cruise leaves in five(ish) weeks and the roll call seems very quiet to me.

There is no Meet and Greet organized at this point.

I too enjoy the CC Forums a lot. :D

Since I have favorite ships on both lines (the Miracle there, the Gem here), I'm back and forth between boards. And, like Stickman said above, I find the NCL roll calls quite a bit less active. On my Gem cruise this past September the roll call didn't get active until about 10 days out.

Comments & questions on the NCL board seem to revolve alot around suites, and perks that go with suites. Carnival threads not so much.

I think it has something to do with those group cruises. Those threads have thousands of replies. I'm thinking those people are very active in CC. Plus, Carnival does have a lot more cruises going out of the US.

I primarily browse NCL because it's my next cruise, RCCL because it was my one and only cruise, and CCL because they have cruises at ports within driving distance.

I love to read this board like there is no tomorrow, all day and then some. But...I also toggle back and forth with Carnival's board. Quite frankly, there is wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyy more activity on that board than there is on NCL's and I just don't get it???? We all love cruising as much as they do...so what is the deal? I wanna know :rolleyes: Hip Hip NCL I say :D

Interesting question. I think maybe it is more people travel on Carnvial and therefore the forums are bigger and that produces more activity.

I do enjoy the boards and the activity for NCL is just fine with me. We only went on Carnvial once and that says it all!;)

more ships and pax? more to complain about?

This.:)

Many of the regular NCL posters ot banned, so they keep their heads down now under their new names.

Can't name any of them under their old or new names

Most of the regulars I'm familiar with are still here, you can search for them in the member list and find them. They may not be as active but their id is still here. If someone is banned their screen name is erased along with all of their posts.

If someone is banned their screen name is erased along with all of their posts.

Not true. You just cannot search their old names. Their identity is still there along with all of their old posts. CC does not want to reduce their member count!!

Their (CCL) individual Roll Calls have more activity too.

Perhaps that is just one of the signs of "differences" between the two? :D

My cruise leaves in five(ish) weeks and the roll call seems very quiet to me.

There is no Meet and Greet organized at this point.

I too enjoy the CC Forums a lot. :D

Take the bull by the horns and organize a Meet and Greet:D

I am a loyal carnival and ncl passenger so I go on both sites depending on which cruise I am taking, but I will say that when I go ncl I don't take the kids. When I go carnival I do. I love ncl with just my husband for the free style piece of it, no dinner times,etc. But the kids enjoy the same waitstaff every night and dancing in the dining room, etc. There is also, IMO, more for the kids to do in carnival. So when I go carnival I am on cc more often on their site for them to see what is going on,etc. When I go ncl I know its going to be awesome and don't usually have as many ?s so don't post as much on here.

I think it's just that there are a lot more Carnival cruisers to begin with, hence a lot more forum activity. It can be more lively and entertaining over on the Carnival forums but sometimes, it's frustrating because there are also a lot more off-topic threads (or 10 different threads all about the same topic :rolleyes:) and there can be a lot more conflict. I read the HAL forums too, which are even less active than this one. NCL is a happy medium for me :)

As most of my CC activity has been on the NCL board, I feel like I have come to know many of you. When I cruised Carnival earlier this year out of Long Beach (no NCL there) I posted some on the Carnival board. It seemed to me there was a lot of posting, but not a lot of interaction like there is here. Seems like the NCLrs have more back and forth conversations.

I love NCL and especially the suite life but right now I would like to be on a ship, any ship. My next cruise (NCL Sun) is over a year away... Alas! Hoping 2012 shapes up and I can slip one in.

I am a loyal carnival and ncl passenger so I go on both sites depending on which cruise I am taking, but I will say that when I go ncl I don't take the kids. When I go carnival I do. I love ncl with just my husband for the free style piece of it, no dinner times,etc. But the kids enjoy the same waitstaff every night and dancing in the dining room, etc. There is also, IMO, more for the kids to do in carnival. So when I go carnival I am on cc more often on their site for them to see what is going on,etc. When I go ncl I know its going to be awesome and don't usually have as many ?s so don't post as much on here.

You might wanna try *one* of your NCL cruises with the kids. My kids prefer the Kids Crew over Camp Carnival. They say the counselors are just way more friendly. :D

The roll call for my Carnival cruise was not busy at all compared to others on Carnival. Now my NCL roll call is very slow also. I guess it can be hit or miss on whether your roll call is real active or not. Hopefully mine will get more active as the cruise gets closer. I'm an optimist... :)

With that being said, is anyone joining us on The Spirit on 3/4/12? I'm looking soooo forward to it! :):D:):D

Since I have favorite ships on both lines (the Miracle there, the Gem here), I'm back and forth between boards. And, like Stickman said above, I find the NCL roll calls quite a bit less active. On my Gem cruise this past September the roll call didn't get active until about 10 days out.

Comments & questions on the NCL board seem to revolve alot around suites, and perks that go with suites. Carnival threads not so much.

So there is still hope for the Roll Call. Thanks! :cool:

Just a couple of comments

My July sailing on Carnival Destiny had a really lousy roll call. I started one, and it fell off the edge of the earth. Someone else then started another roll call and about 6 people showed up to say hello, one of them being a member of a reunion that was to have many people on board. (So why weren't they out there setting up activities and such?) So, I was let down by that roll call.

On my SUN sailing last October we had a totally awsome roll call, over 2,000 posts, a lot of interaction and just a great bunch of people. So I don't think one line over the other in the roll call area.

On the CCL boards I notice A LOT of "ooh single digit dance", "I'm boarding tomorrow" and "counting down the days" type posts. If that floats your boat, well so be it, however I find it cluttering up the boards. This is my opinion. Also, the CCL reviews tend to have embedded pictures in them making them quite long which is fine, but they aren't really reviews at all, more like travelogs.

So, I think we're just a bit more laid back on the NCL boards, maybe we don't need to broadcast our short time to get attention. :p

I posted some on the Carnival board. It seemed to me there was a lot of posting, but not a lot of interaction like there is here. Seems like the NCLrs have more back and forth conversations.

I'm a regular poster on both boards (more so this one now for obvious reasons:D ). There used to be much more back and forth, friendship stuff on the CCL boards but they've cracked down on general chit chat in the last year ... they allow the fighting but not the nice'ness (and I sure hope I don't get in trouble for saying that:eek: or give the mods here any ideas because I love the familiarity here)

As for roll calls, my Epic roll call is BY FAR the biggest I've ever been involved in - truly amazing!!! We are a month out and just shy of 1000 posts. Over half of the folks who have checked into the roll call have signed up for our NCL m&m too. To me, NCL knows how to do a m&m right. I can't wait to really meet all of these great folks I've been chatting with for months now!!!

Archived