port call victorla

egan

Will have last stop in victoria in late may.ship will dock between 6pm and 12 mid night.I would like to have informatioj on what you can do in such a short time.would like to know can you walk of ship andsee any worth while sights.:)

Victoria is lovely in the evening. Everything will be open and you will find it a very enjoyable place to walk, shop and dine. You can visit Inner Harbour and watch the street entertainers and walk through the Empress Hotel. Lots to see and do in the few hours you have there. It's easy to get into downtown from the ship via the shuttle or cab.

From the Ogden Dock, allow 20 minutes to walk to the inner harbor area- "downtown". There also will be fee shuttle service, and cabs available.

Ship tours are the way to go for many options, due to the short time.

Below is a link to a map that will guide you from the Ogden Point cruise terminal to downtown. There are shuttles which have a couple of stops en-route this year and will cost $10 rtn. A taxi fare will be about the same.

In addition to attractions noted by others, a walk on Government St. visiting its unique shops is always fun and there are two horse drawn carriage excursion operators and any number of pedi-cabs. People also enjoy riding the Harbour Ferries which make a stop at Fisherman's Wharf which is just a few minutes from the cruise terminal. Here is also a link to some self-guided walking tours.

http://victoriacruise.ca/page/cruise-walking-routes

http://victoriaharbourferry.com/

http://www.victoria.ca/EN/main/community/maps/heritage-walking-tours.html

Victoria is a beautiful city and very walkable. I wouldn't think about "sites" in your short time there. As Keith said, just walk the area and enjoy the flowers that seem to be in bloom year round. It's a very temperate city and definitely geared for tourists with shops, restuarants, waterside tables etc. Enjoy! It's very beautiful.

Research the activities the city has to offer in the evenings. I definitely wouldn't do any ship excursion. Just enjoy the city on your own.

As much as Victoria is a beautiful city, since we got there in the evening, on the last night, we opted to just stay on board. Had to finish packing, plus we wanted to eat dinner the last evening in the dining room to say good bye to our wait staff.

Victoria is lovely just to walk around. With those port times, I'm not sure any "official" shore excursions would be worth it. Buchart Gardens is the most touted one, and while it is a lovely place to visit, it is a full 30+ min from the docks making for a very late evening visit.

If you like tea, I highly recommend a visit to Murchies on Government Street. We actually go for the wonderful pastries. They have good coffee too. :). It's on our "must-do" list every time we go.

I don't know that the Museum is open that late, but it a wonderful one.

Enjoy wandering around the inner harbor, up government street and through the Empress.

Sent from my XT897 using Tapatalk 2

Will have last stop in victoria in late may.ship will dock between 6pm and 12 mid night.I would like to have informatioj on what you can do in such a short time.would like to know can you walk of ship andsee any worth while sights.:)

We also have a short eve stop in Victoria for the last night of our cruise. We are looking at doing the English Pub Tour either on our own or possibly through the ships excursions. Thought it would be a nice way to see the city and enjoyable end to our week. With that said, I don't think we will plan anything in advance and decide before we pull into port. :)

Archived