Tahaa - worth seeing or just enjoy the motu?

gailellen12

Thanks for any advise regarding Tahaa sightseeing. I have llined up most of my excursions for my Aug 10 sailing, but am still debating on what to do regarding Tahaa. It is toward the end of the trip, I was was wondering if it would be a case of "been there done that" with regard to the island scenery. Or, is it unique and not to be missed in terms of touring? Thanks in advance. :) Gail

The Motu is actually one of the highlights of the cruise.Great BBQ, floating bar and total chill out.....just kick back on a great beach and want for nothing.

Rob:cool:

The first time we stopped at Tahaa we took the excursion that stopped at spectacular viewpoints and a pearl farm. Very interesting. We went to motu afterward. For our second visit, we went to straight to the motu and had a great time. Either choice is good.

Gail, we did both options and had a wonderful time on each. We loved spending an entire day at MM on our 1st visit and we also enjoyed Exploration of Tahaa when we returned 2 weeks later. As you say, there’s no bad choice here!

But if I had to choose, I’d go for the full day at MM. There’s a certain rhythm to the MM beach day that encourages you to go in slow motion and let the vibe overtake you. By spending the full day there, you’re unconcerned with time and can just enjoy the experience. If you combine MM with a PG shorex on Tahaa, you miss some of the chill factor. It’s less of an overall relaxing day, with more clock-watching to catch tenders to/from Tahaa, back to the ship and then over to MM. MM becomes an add-on rather than the main event. We certainly noticed a different feel when we joined MM mid-way thru the day after our PG shorex. We were more observers than participants. We still had a good time, but it didn’t feel as special as when we spent the whole day there. I should add that we are not beach people and would always prefer some activity or touring to just hanging about. But we loved spending the day at MM.

Hi. Just back from the cruise which sailed on the 10th June. Motu fine, you will enjoy. The day we were there great weather, food BBQ. Prior to going to the beach we did the snorkel excursion drift garden. Okay snorkel, wanted more fish but a nice place. Good guide.

Mighty -

You have truly captured the essence of the Motu! :cool:

Steve

But all I have is memories and pics of our wonderful time. You, on the other hand, have the excitement and anticipation of MM in your immediate future! I'm counting down with you and Emdee ... just a few more sleeps till Paradise. :):)

Mighty,

I have reached the realization that there will be MM and BB in my immediate horizon until health and wealth allow. There is no point in fighting the Flu.

I wish I lived on the west coast like Motu Islander and others as it does reduce the travel and jet lag significantly.

Archived