Rentals Cars near Long Beach Port?

am588

All the rental car returns that are downtown are off Ocean Blvd, according some posts on this port, they may offer a shuttle to the port.

However, many have very short hours on Saturday and are closed on Sunday.

You would then need to return your car to the Long Beach airport and take a cab back. I think some have posted that the cab is around $25.

I need this information too - been searching the internet and I found this on the Hertz website:

Pier - Approximately 3 miles from the Carnival Cruise Terminal/Long Beach piers. Approximately 7 miles from the San Pedro Cruise Center/La Pier. Cab fare will be reimbursed up to USD 10.00 from pier to location with receipt.

Pick up service available one hour after location opening and up to one hour prior to location closing.

After Hours - For rentals on Sunday please reserve at the Long Beach Airport location - cab fare will be reimbursed up to USD 5.00 per day, up to a maximum of USD 25.00 with receipt. After hour returns are allowed. Drop box located at Marriott next door, located on corner of Linden and 1st.

I don't know exactly which reimbursement we would get if at all --- does anyone understand the policy?

Enterprise has an office on Ocean Blvd. I doubt they would shuttle to the pier (they seemed a bit disorganized there), but I don't think a cab would be more than $8 or $10.

http://www.enterprise.com/car_rental/deeplinkmap.do?bid=1095&xparm=longbeach-car-rental

Thanx Karen...

I just did a mock booking and it said this office is closed (Sunday) pick another day :(

I have had experience with Avis in Long Beach but alas no shuttle. Things of course change so it would probably pay you to canvas the Long Beach locations directly on the topic.

Thanx ... I send Avis an email asking if they provided transportation from their office to the port - can't hurt ... otherwise, it will have to be a taxi.

• 3 months later...
Any new updates. I have similar questions. Doesn't seem like there is enough to do in Long Beach (DT) for 2 days without a car and with 2 10yr olds.

There is the Aquarium and the beach--but I don't see that taking up 2 full days.

Archived