Promenade Cabins on Independence of the seas

Baglady34

What cabin, what deck?? Deck 7 is usually preferred if you might be bothered by noise. Deck 8 is a little high to see much going on in the promenade. It would also depend on where your cabin is located. If you are above a noisy bar or above a shop would make a difference.

Recently stayed in a P on deck 7 - noise through the window was not a problem, never heard anything except during parades.

However, most Ps are connecting, and we did hear conversations through the door when our room was quiet.

Another consideration, space. In some ways the P seems even smaller than an inside, because as opposed to an inside, where the bed is at the rear of the cabin, in a P the bed breaks up the combined entryway/sitting area space. The little love seat / window seat space is nice however. Comes down to what's important to you - and keep those drapes closed!

Catherine and Steve, I live just south of you in Uniontown, Ott Gangl is my name and I am a retired Beacon Journal photographer and we were last week on the Explorer in a PR room I picked expressly for its location on deck 6, no normal noise, when the parade was on or a band played there was just enough sound to alert us that it was going on but not more.

We love people watching and we were close enough for that.

This is the second time we have a promenade room, this one was booked particularly because it was too cold for the two days out and two days back to go out on deck to the pools or anywhere at this time of the year leaving from Bayonne NJ.

We love to people watch, so I'll put a picture here to show you the view from the room.

...Ott

cr16.JPG

Archived