Sun & Dawn Princess

The Fox

Hi All,

I had an email from my TA when i returned home from Fiji attaching a statement from Princess cruises that that Dawn Princess will be joining the Sun Princess and be permanently based in Australia.The new 2009 itinaries will be available in January 2008.

I suspect with the changing of the traditional P&O livery and given all the crap media attention P&O have received that perhaps Carnival will drop the P&O operation and base all future cruises out of australia under princess cruises.

cheers

Col:mad:

I suppose anything is possible with Carnival!!:rolleyes: :p I reckon when the Pacific Sun goes, it will be the end of P&O Australia and hello to Princess Australia.:eek:

I think the Dawn may revert back to the Regal, or perhaps an Aussie Princess name to 'localise' it.

The only thing is that the Pacific Dawn would lack some of the Princess features that are fleet wide.

I guess we'll have to wait and see. All we can do is speculate.;)

All we can do is speculate.;)

Jarrod,

I think this sums it up. Carnival Australia was specific when they kept Sun Princess, to give Australian cruisers a choice (Princess Australia already exists). With the potential of increased competition from RCCL etc, why would they kill off one of their money making choices. Some like coke, some like pepsi.

I dare to think how high someone would be strung up a pole a few short months ago, if they even suggested P&O would be dissolved by Princess :eek:

Cheers

Geoff

Archived