Princess Cay ?

Luke gs Daddy

We were on the Emerald Princess in early December. When we got to our room on embarkation day, there was a letter asking us how many tender tickets we needed. I went down to the desk and said 6 and also asked if we could have a specific bungalow. We had no problem getting the one we wanted.

On the day we arrived, we walked over to the bungalows, promptly met our server who stayed with us all day. He provided us a sample of the bbq lunch and drinks (which we paid for of course). We tipped him generously at the end of the day, because his service was outstanding.

This is the 2nd time we have booked a bungalow- the first was on the Grand Princess in december 2007 and we received exactly the same service- except that we didn't request a specific bungalow, but that was only because we didn't know which one we wanted!!!:D

We were on the Emerald Princess in early December. When we got to our room on embarkation day, there was a letter asking us how many tender tickets we needed. I went down to the desk and said 6 and also asked if we could have a specific bungalow. We had no problem getting the one we wanted.

:D

Are some bungalows better than others? We have one reserved also and if I can request one which would be the best?

• 3 weeks later...

We have reserved a Bungalow on Princess Cay and wondered if we would be able to take a small cd player? Does anyone know if there is a power outlet. I know there in an air conditioner so was hoping there was an outlet. Would be nice to have some music.

• 2 weeks later...

I would like to know if anyone that has rented a bungalow recently can give me information on the upgraded lunch. I know the bungalow service has changed over the last few months. If anyone has gotten the upgraded lunch, etc. it would really help to know how much it cost and exactly what you got for the price. Also, if it was worth it. We have a bungalow reserved for an April trip and are still trying to decide if it's worth the money. Thanks so much!

I would think one of the issues with bringing music with you is, what happens if you neighbors don't like your music taste and want some peace and quiet? The thing I hear about one of the reasons that people like being over by the bungalows is the peace and quiet compared to the other beaches. Now if a few people bring cd players and play their music loud enough to hear outside the bungalow what is it going to be like if there is country playing in bungalow 1, rap in bungalow 3, rock in another and so on. Personally I wouldn't want to be stuck in between or next to it and would be upset that I spent the $199 plus for the day.

I would think one of the issues with bringing music with you is, what happens if you neighbors don't like your music taste and want some peace and quiet? The thing I hear about one of the reasons that people like being over by the bungalows is the peace and quiet compared to the other beaches. Now if a few people bring cd players and play their music loud enough to hear outside the bungalow what is it going to be like if there is country playing in bungalow 1, rap in bungalow 3, rock in another and so on. Personally I wouldn't want to be stuck in between or next to it and would be upset that I spent the $199 plus for the day.

I would hope that the bungalows aren't that close together that soft music would be that big of a problem. For that matter....loud screaming kids and obnoxious loud adults could be even more annoying. I think just being respectful all the way around is the way to go.

I would hope that the bungalows aren't that close together that soft music would be that big of a problem. For that matter....loud screaming kids and obnoxious loud adults could be even more annoying. I think just being respectful all the way around is the way to go.

From looking at the pictures they are that close. In order for the music to be heard outside of the bungalow the volume will have to be put up to some degree.

I agree, loud screaming kids and obnoxious loud adults are very annoying.

But, it would be even more annoying if on either side I had different music playing at the same time. Think about it, what if a young group on one side had head-banging or rap playing and you're just not that into that kind of music and then you had country music on the other side which you're also not into....that would be difficult to handle.

Many beaches do not allow radios, especially state beaches.

I do agree, respect is a great thing. It's just not something that I've always witnessed while cruising. Most cruisers are very respectful of their fellow passengers and then well....you get the rest.

• 1 year later...

We just got back. I rented two bungalows (18 people) and we had them side by side. I was able to choose which ones I wanted and given priority tickets for all (we had 3 kids). Believe me, you can hear the music from other bungalows. We walked down to the sanctuary ones and someone was playing music loud enough to be heard a couple of bungalows away. The bungalows are close together. Maylbe 15-20 feet apart. They had towels, bug spray and sun screen already inside. There was an air conditioner and ceiling fan with a table and 6 chairs. Two private cots inside the fence and more outside of it with a shower. We were given a ride down to and back from our bungalow. We got our own food. The walk was less then 5 minutes away. It was a little quieter then the rest of the beach.

Your should reserve ASAP as they are very limited. If you wait until you get on the ship it is unlikely you will get one. We didn't notice any bugs.

• 2 weeks later...

There was six of us and we got so much food that we felt like Weebles.

No standing in line for the hot dogs and burgers. Again, way too much food. No stress. No hassle. Private. Serene. We would book it again.

• 3 months later...

We were on Emerald the week of August 8 and booked a bungalow. Included was the priority tender ( they sent 6 tickets to our room in advance), towels, hand sanitizer. 6 loungers - 2 on deck, 4 in front. Server to attend to your beverage needs. There is an outdoor shower for your use attached to the outside of your cabana. ( we did not have any sunscreen or bug spray as others mentioned having, so be prepared and bring your own).

If we wanted lunch delivered it was $50 extra - we did not add on the delivery. BBQ area is an wasy walk from the cabana.

Air conditioning and having a place to change was nice. There is a restroom situated in the mid section of the cabana area.

The best thing was how quiet the area is. To those asking about use of a CD player, the cabanas only have about 15 feet between them so any music would likely be heard by your neighbors - I pods and headphones may be a better choice.;)

I would book one again in a heartbeat. :)

• 1 month later...

Archived