Passport?

scher

Is a passport needed to fly into and out of San Juan from Newark NJ? We applied today for passports and dont know if we will get them in time. Was told a few weeks ago we would not need them for Feb and now was told we will. Dont know what is really true. Anyone with info would appreciate it.

No passport is required between the USA and PR. Anyways, Travel agents say that the passport is the best ID you can have when traveling with the new airport regulations, it is worth having it even if it is not required.

thanks for the reply, passports take between 6 to 8 weeks, we are leaving about 7 weeks, I could have them expedited but it would cost me a extra 240.00 an extra expense i am trying to avoid. but I can call 2 weeks before I leave and see where they are in the process and at that time I can decide weather or not to spend the money. The person at the post office where we went seems to feel we will have them in time. I am keeping my fingers crossed.

They always say 6 to 8 weeks, I got mine a couple of months ago and it was delivered to me on the 4th week without paying any extra fee. Maybe I got lucky, anyways, If i were you i would not pay the extra fee ($240) since it is not a required document to enter PR, $240 is a lot of money and i rather spend it at one of the top restaurants in San Juan like Augusto's in Miramar or Pikayo at the Museum of PR.

Happy Holidays! :):

RCI recommends passports, but does not require them. Our friends just received theirs that they applied for the week before Thanksgiving.

I hope you get yours. If not, you will have to have another certified birth certificate for boarding the ship.

RCI recommends passports, but does not require them. Our friends just received theirs that they applied for the week before Thanksgiving.

I hope you get yours. If not, you will have to have another certified birth certificate for boarding the ship.

I already sent for another birth certificate of mine just in case. My husband and kids can get there fairly locally so they can walk in any day and get it. We will all be ready with extra copies of raised seal ceritified birth certificates just in case

I already sent for another birth certificate of mine just in case. My husband and kids can get there fairly locally so they can walk in any day and get it. We will all be ready with extra copies of raised seal ceritified birth certificates just in case

Good girl!!!:D

Archived