Princess Shareholder Benefit Questions

lv2cruiseanywhere

Hello:

For those of you who use the Princess Shareholder Benefit (where you get OBC of up to $250 when you own at least 100 shares of stock in CCL) do you contact Princess directly or is it done by your Travel Agent? This will be our first time to use the Shareholder Benefit and I am not sure. The "Get Packing" flyer from CCL appears to indicate that I make the contact.

Also is the OBC still combinable with the FCC? We will have both on our upcoming cruise to Hawaii in January.

If my Travel Agent does this for me, what documentation do I need to provide that shows I own the required number of shares. I have an on-line account with Scottrade.

Thanks for the information. I know many of you do this regularly.

You or your TA contacts Princess with proof of share ownership. The contact person is Lisa McDaniel, Yield Management, 800-872-6779 and the fax is 661-753-0180. I've heard rumors that the shareholder benefit has been suspended. Good luck, hope you get it!

I see we were typing at the same time, jtutak.

You or your TA contacts Princess with proof of share ownership. The contact person is Lisa McDaniel, Yield Management, 800-872-6779 and the fax is 661-753-0180. I've heard rumors that the shareholder benefit has been suspended. Good luck, hope you get it!

I see we were typing at the same time, jtutak.

Do you have any info on this its still on the website http://library.corporate-ir.net/library/14/140/140690/items/287713/Carn_Benefit.pdf

Thanks for all of the information. I didn't have the contact person or phone numbers.

The Dividends on CCL were suspended for 2009; however the Shareholder Benefit is in effect until July 31, 2009 on cruises booked by February 28, 2009. I am hoping they renew the Shareholder Benefit again at that time as they have done each year.

Every little bit of OBC helps.

Thanks for all of the information. I didn't have the contact person or phone numbers.

The Dividends on CCL were suspended for 2009; however the Shareholder Benefit is in effect until July 31, 2009 on cruises booked by February 28, 2009. I am hoping they renew the Shareholder Benefit again at that time as they have done each year.

Every little bit of OBC helps.

Thanks for the clarification. The shareholder benefits always have been approved in the past, even though they are set up with expiration dates. Hopefully the economy and low stock prices will not keep the benefits from being approved for the next time period.

It's the stockholders that vote, isn't it? If so, and everyone watches for their proxy cards, we can vote ourselves obc.:D

Thanks for the clarification. The shareholder benefits always have been approved in the past, even though they are set up with expiration dates. Hopefully the economy and low stock prices will not keep the benefits from being approved for the next time period.

It's the stockholders that vote, isn't it? If so, and everyone watches for their proxy cards, we can vote ourselves obc.:D

I'll vote for that.. :D

Hello:

what documentation do I need to provide that shows I own the required number of shares. I have an on-line account with Scottrade.

A copy of a recent monthly statement from your broker that shows you own the shares. Or, if just purchased, a copy of the purchase confirmation.

My TA took care of it for me. I blacked out info on my broker statement not pertinent to CCL and emailed it to my TA. She sent me a confirmation showing the OBC when she received it from Princess (in my case).

We talked to the cruise consultant onboard last year and were told we couldn't combine OBC with other credits, but I've read on other threads that they changed it this year and now you can. So, I don't really know for sure. Going to try and do that on our upcoming cruise and see what happens.

My TA took care of it for me. I blacked out info on my broker statement not pertinent to CCL and emailed it to my TA. She sent me a confirmation showing the OBC when she received it from Princess (in my case).

We talked to the cruise consultant onboard last year and were told we couldn't combine OBC with other credits, but I've read on other threads that they changed it this year and now you can. So, I don't really know for sure. Going to try and do that on our upcoming cruise and see what happens.

For our upcoming cruise in January, we were able to combine the stock credit ($250) with the shipboard credit with the credit given by our TA. We ended up with $600 shipboard credit for this cruise. Not too shabby if I do say so myself. ;)

Sounds like a great idea. If I buy now' date=' anyone know if I could get the OBC for a cruise that's already booked/paid for? That would help pay for the shares.:rolleyes:

Thanks - I love this board.

Best,

Mia[/quote']

Yes you can still get the OBC from stocks even if you are already booked. No problem. In fact, I think Pia suggested that they prefer you wait until after final payment before sending your proof of stock ownership to them. ;)

For our upcoming cruise in January, we were able to combine the stock credit ($250) with the shipboard credit with the credit given by our TA. We ended up with $600 shipboard credit for this cruise. Not too shabby if I do say so myself. ;)

I did the same thing for my next cruise. I have $500 OBC all for myself!! :D

Can someone please give me a quick rundown on how the shares work? How many do you need to buy, and do you just get the OBC once, or soes the $ amount relate to how many shares you have? Do you have to keep buying the shares to get more and more OBC?

Thanks wise ones...

Can someone please give me a quick rundown on how the shares work? How many do you need to buy, and do you just get the OBC once, or soes the $ amount relate to how many shares you have? Do you have to keep buying the shares to get more and more OBC?

Thanks wise ones...

You need a minimum of 100 shares. You get the OBC for each cruise and it is per cabin - NOT per person - so it doesn't matter if there are 2 shareholders in the cabin, you only get one OBC. The dollar amount is $50 for 6 days and less; $100 for 7to 13 days and $250 for over 14 days. It doesn't matter which cabin you stay in.

Archived