Getting on the Epic in Rome is easy!

L&LinGA

We were on the May 23- 30th sailing. For anyone who is apprehensive about boarding in Italy don't worry. It took us 10 minutes to get from our taxi cab, on board and into our room. Then we had the ship to ourselves. Wonderful. Disembarking was equally easy.

The whole cruise exceeded our expectations. The best customer service and the best entertainment we have ever had on a cruise. Even the food was fantastic! Add that to wonderful ports and you can't go wrong on the Epic!

Great to hear this. We are boarding and disembarking in Rome also but in end of August. We have an early flight and wanted to know how crowded it was for self disembark? I would assume there was no customs off of the disembark, is that correct?. What time did the ship dock, and when where the self disembark people allowed to get off?

Thank you in advance

We were on the May 23- 30th sailing. For anyone who is apprehensive about boarding in Italy don't worry. It took us 10 minutes to get from our taxi cab, on board and into our room. Then we had the ship to ourselves. Wonderful. Disembarking was equally easy.

The whole cruise exceeded our expectations. The best customer service and the best entertainment we have ever had on a cruise. Even the food was fantastic! Add that to wonderful ports and you can't go wrong on the Epic!

What time did you arrive?

Good to know. We will be doing this in 2014, and I was apprehensive about starting in Rome. I'm glad to hear this!

We arrived at the Epic around noon. By 12:30 we were ordering appetizers at OSheehans. By 1:30 we were using the water slides with no lines.

As far disembarkation there were only about 500 or so leaving the ship so it was quick and easy. I don't know the exact time self embark was allowed off but I do know by 8 they had called all the group colors.

Hope this helps!

L&LinGA - thanks for the insight and very good news! We board in less than two weeks in Rome. A few questions: 1) Do you know if you can take your luggage on (large bag) or do you have to check it with a porter? We are going to do self-assist when we disembark and wondered if we could also just carry on all or bags when we embark so as to avoid the wait for bags to get to our cabin. 2) We are spending a few days pre-cruise in Rome - did you take a cab from the airport or Rome? If from Rome, how long did it take and do you recall the cost? We are thinking of taking a train from Rome but are still up in the air. 3) did you do the iConceirge? If so, what was your experience. 4) Did they have a day with a laundry special -a set price for a full bag of laundry? If so do you recall what day it was?

Sorry for all the questions...Thanks in advance for your help!

sdmike -Perhaps I made a bad assumption when the OP indicated they arrived at the port by taxi.

No, they said it took 10 minutes from taxi to room, so you called it right. Just seems like a long taxi trip from Rome if that's what they did

We did Rome cabs from our hotel in Rome. About 130 Euros but for the 3 of us well worth it. Door to ship service.

We did get the laundry special early on (I think it was Friday) and then did some more expensive laundry later on. I do wish they had washing machines like Princess does. Oh well..

Oh, we got our luggage by the time our lunch was done. I know because we forgot to pull our bathing suits out, and we went right to the water slides after lunch. Very fast luggage drop off.

Sounds like you had a fabulous cruise. I'm happy for you!!

Archived