Do they still have Midnight buffets?

Destiniiii

I have read a lot of these post and a lot of them are old. I have never been to a midnight buffet on any of my prior 9 cruises.(princess, NCL, RCCL) I am not even sure they had them. But I am food curious. I will be going on my first Carnival cruise this April on the Liberty. Do they still have midnight buffets? Where are they located? In the buffet area? I can't seem to grasp a buffet anywhere other than the regular buffet. A little help please.

Thank you,

CJ

See if you can find a copy of the Capers(Carnival Daily Paper) and it will list meals and hours. The last Caper I saw for the Legend has a late night buffet on the night we leave our final port, and there was one last fall on the Sensation. I will say this though, that by the time we got to the buffet on the Sensation, most everything was picked over, and they did not put more food out.

Thank you.

Have fun on your cruise - when we first started cruising, midnight buffet was every night= now, on RCCL, they will have a poolside buffet around 11pm or 11:30 pm during one of the evenings. It's a full menu with festivities at the pool area. They used to have grand buffets in the dining room but haven't been to one lately - or chocolate buffets - which took place one evening during the cruise. Carol

HAL does a theme snack starting around 11:30 -- some nights Italian, Mexican, Dutch, etc.

Lasts about an hour -- there isn't a ton of food there -- but enough to get you through until morning.

Hi Krazy Kruiser: we have posted on the same threads several times - wish we could chat more on a more regural thread - visit our What's for Dinner thread - see my sig - I know you like recipes/food? so, HAL has a daily snack ? takes place in the dining rooms? better than RCCL who cut back on their nightly food offerings- they do have snax also that the servers will have on trays and serve in the various lounges - petit fours, other appetizer type things, candy,etc. Carol

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I am going on the Liberty in May, from the post I have read I know that they usually have at least one midnight buffet on this cruise. I think it is a mexican themed meal, not sure what night it is on, but I would assume one of the sea day nights. Expect plentiful, if not elegant, food.

The last NCL cruise I was on (Sun) had a great midnight chocolate buffet. All sweets, but man was it sweet!

Well I'm back from the Legend but I never made it to the midnight buffet. We embarked on Sunday, the party night with buffet was on Thursday, the night of Belize. We had decided to do the Supper Club that night and trust me we were all so full, and tired none of us made it past 11 p.m. Heard there were a few grazers wearing bathrobes, dancing, but not us.

The Legend has a "Taste of Nations" Station and at lunch each day a different country's food is represented. On the last day however, the BIG deal for lunch was the CHOCOLATE buffet. Skipped it, too many little hands in the dipping items.:p:eek:

• 1 month later...

Carnival still has it's midnight buffet but I don't recommend eating from it. Before people eat they walk by all the food and take pictures of it because it's extra special.. IMO people got to close for comfort when they were taking pictures and talking over the food. We took a bunch of pictures but we did not eat there. Here is a link to my youtube video of my Mexican Rivera Crusie..The buffet pictures are towards the end..

click to 3:40

Have fun on your cruise!!

Carnival no longer has their grand gala buffet. It was amazing to see, but a complete waste of food. If I remember, I'll post a picture when I get home.

They now have Mexican and chocolate buffets some nights. keep an eye on your capers.

• 1 month later...
Tell me more about the themed snacks on HAL. We have 3 days at sea. Do they tend to be sea days? Where do they serve?

We were on the Statendam at Christmas and they opened up the Buffet at 11:30 Every Night! for one hour. It was very well done . Went twice. Hot food, not sandwiches. One night it was seafood and the other it was german themed. We had about 10 choices of dishes to choose from each time.:)

• 4 months later...

Never heard of 11:00 pm snack time in the MDR on HAL.

Did have a dessert buffet a couple of time at around 10pm at the stern pool.

I really miss those grand midnight buffets. Ginormous roast beefs to slice for you.

The Lido is kind of open with a few items to munch on.

Stuff like this drives me nuts

Gramps

I know this is about Carnival, but I have to ask. Does RCCL Freedom do midnight buffets, or something similar? If not, then is there a way to get something to eat after 11:00 or midnight? With the way my body works, I have to eat something before going to sleep, else I'll be waking up most of the night with my stomach growling.

I know this is about Carnival, but I have to ask. Does RCCL Freedom do midnight buffets, or something similar? If not, then is there a way to get something to eat after 11:00 or midnight? With the way my body works, I have to eat something before going to sleep, else I'll be waking up most of the night with my stomach growling.

There is always room service - sandwiches, snax - on the Explorer and other Voyager class ships, the cafe on the promenade is open 24 hrs - I don't know about the Freedom - but maybe... carol

They don't do a midnight. They have have replaced it with Frredom Fest, from 12-1:30 on a sea day. You can get food by room service, tip is added after midnight. There is pizza at Sorrento's. Various items at the coffee shop. Although there is a charge for speciality coffees, there is no charge for items in the case. The bars have a mix, nuts, pretzels, etc. You just have to ask.

There was only one midnight buffet on the Legend back in March - the night of the scavenger hunt etc. It was kind of weird though, they set the food up an hour before it was to be served. I know some people had upset stomachs the next day. Not sure if it was the Mexican food or the length of time the food sat out on the deck.

I'll have to keep my eyes peeled for the chocolate buffet on my next cruise though.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 3 months later...

We did a Carnival Cruise early last year (Splendor, 8 days, January/February 2012). They had a midnight buffet (mexican, the churros were really good). It was in the lido buffet, but it was not as expected. According to my husband they used to do a very elaborate midnight buffet with ice sculptures and costumed staff in the MDR. This one was pretty much a just regular buffet but late at night. Most of the food was subpar to what they normally offered at the Lido Buffet. In general, I found the food at the lido buffet to often be better than what was served in the MDR, but I did not eat at the lido often, so perhaps I just got lucky when I did head there for food.

EDIT: I did not see a chocolate buffet on my trip.

Archived