Which walkie talkies work best?

Iluvjo

Which walkie talkies work best? I have tried a cheap set I bought awhile back and they worked if you where on the same floor within 500 feet if that. Has anyone had good look with walkie talkies in the past and if so what brand model did you use. I am curious if a walkie can communicate all throughout the ship.

Thanks Leo

Which walkie talkies work best? I have tried a cheap set I bought awhile back and they worked if you where on the same floor within 500 feet if that. Has anyone had good look with walkie talkies in the past and if so what brand model did you use. I am curious if a walkie can communicate all throughout the ship.

Thanks Leo

the best walkie talkies are the ones you leave at home....

I was going to go the walkie talkie route on our Oasis cruise, but after a lot of research I decided to just use text messaging on board. It was $. 50 outgoing and$. 05 incoming. I think we spent a total of $15 for the week. A lot cheaper than buying radios and it definitely works! Just my two cents :)

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

We used these ones during our cruise (Oasis that sailed on 3.24.12). They worked great for us.

Motorola MR350R 35-Mile Range 22-Channel FRS/GMRS Two-Way Radio (Pair)

We got it from Amazon and paid around $50

Ya, we get it. Some of you don't like walkie-talkies. Don't use them.

You completely missed the point - it's hearing someone else's walkie-talkie that we don't like. Just like flatulence, everybody is fine with their own aroma, but not the aroma of the other people around them. :rolleyes:

You completely missed the point - it's hearing someone else's walkie-talkie that we don't like. Just like flatulence, everybody is fine with their own aroma, but not the aroma of the other people around them. :rolleyes:

Lol, Great analogy!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

:eek: :D :eek: Love it!

Ya, we get it. Some of you don't like walkie-talkies. Don't use them.

And many like to forget that they are illegal in many parts of the world, i.e. some of the Caribbean, Canada, Mexico and parts of Europe. They conflict with some foreign military and police channels. There are dozens of posts out here both pro and con.

People get senselessly annoyed or offended by many, many things that other passengers do that violates neither legal restrictions, cruiseline policy nor reasonable standards of conduct. In the past day alone, I've read rude comments about other people's "gluttonous" eating habits, "rubes" wearing Timex watches with their Tuxedoes, and "brain dead" people who are "too attached" to their smartphones...

Obviously people should be respectful of others when using their walkie-talkies; beyond that... mind your own business. It's their cruise too.

People get senselessly annoyed or offended by many, many things that other passengers do that violates neither legal restrictions, cruiseline policy nor reasonable standards of conduct. In the past day alone, I've read rude comments about other people's "gluttonous" eating habits, "rubes" wearing Timex watches with their Tuxedoes, and "brain dead" people who are "too attached" to their smartphones...

Obviously people should be respectful of others when using their walkie-talkies; beyond that... mind your own business. It's their cruise too.

Lotsa wrong info here.

If you assault my ears with a walky talky, it becomes my business.

Flatulence is like kids. You can't stand your own, much less someone else's!

The walkies are just annoying and useless.

wow most of you have a very sour outlook on life. the people with rude comments i have nothing nice to say to you.

I was looking for help and the people that did thanks.

wow most of you have a very sour outlook on life. the people with rude comments i have nothing nice to say to you.

The high-power [5 watt] GMRS walkie talkies commonly used that would work on a cruise ship:

• Require a license to use in the USA (despite the fact you can buy them off the shelf)
  • Are illegal in almost every other country for various reasons

Remind me again; you're going to buy something, not license it in the USA, and illegally use it outside of the USA...

Seriously..like how do people not expect you to listen in? Public domain!

I never understand why people can't do things the way they used to before technology..agree to meet at a certain place at a certain time, etc. It worked before..I mean, seriously..

Lotsa wrong info here.

If you assault my ears with a walky talky, it becomes my business.

People state their opinions. How is that rude? It's not. You have to choose to have a thick skin or not. I mean, there are bigger fish for you to fry..

Archived