Any extra perks in balcony cabins?

ccee

Hi All

I wonder if any of you guys can help? I have managed to secure a balcony on the forthcoming Jade cruise on March 6th. I have only travelled in inside cabins before. I am very excited at the prospect of a balcony and am just wondering if there are any extra perks in a balcony as opposed to an inside cabin. Also, what toiletries do you get and do you get face flannels - sorry I forgot since my last NCL cruise.

Appreciate all replies.

Many thanks!

Carol

Hi All

I wonder if any of you guys can help? I have managed to secure a balcony on the forthcoming Jade cruise on March 6th. I have only travelled in inside cabins before. I am very excited at the prospect of a balcony and am just wondering if there are any extra perks in a balcony as opposed to an inside cabin. Also, what toiletries do you get and do you get face flannels - sorry I forgot since my last NCL cruise.

Appreciate all replies.

Many thanks!

Carol

Hello, no extra perks having a balcony but you wont regret it. You'll love being out on your private balcony watching the sun set and just taking in the view.

Excuse my ignorance but what is a face flannel?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Washcloth. And yes, they will have them. They equip the rooms to American standards as far as bedding and towels go, even on Med cruises.

And for those reading who are wondering - European standard is not to have a flat sheet or to provide washcloths. You get a duvet + cover + fitted sheet. Washcloths are considered a personal item akin to a toothbrush and rarely provided.

Of course there are extra Perks!! :D

Great view of the ocean.... slightly bigger cabin... Fresh Air.....Sunlight.... and no need to go up on deck to see the sun and the ocean...:p

The face flannels are sometimes artistically done up in the bathroom drinking glasses....

Yes you are all right as to definition of a face flannel - my fault for not Americanising the term for my friends across the pond. We Europeans like face cloths and some of our cruise lines do provide them. Just needed to check! Like the answer pointing out the perks of a balcony such as a sea view!!!

thanks again

Carol

No kettles, nor are they allowed to be taken aboard. Shampoo/conditioner, (mixed) body soap in shower, kleenex, and hair dryer. You can request hairnets. There may be a robe. Needless to say, almost everything is supplied. Enjoy! R.A.

Thanks. I figured from the context it was a wash cloth but didn't know they weren't standard issue elsewhere so that threw me.

Sounds like I need to vacation in Europe. I loathe flat sheets. Irrationally so actually :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Indeed I am a Brit....... but it is okay by me if I don,t get a kettle since I prefer coffee in the morning!!! Love a hot chocolate in the evening though!

Ta!

C;)arol

Washcloth. And yes, they will have them. They equip the rooms to American standards as far as bedding and towels go, even on Med cruises.

And for those reading who are wondering - European standard is not to have a flat sheet or to provide washcloths. You get a duvet + cover + fitted sheet. Washcloths are considered a personal item akin to a toothbrush and rarely provided.

Thanks for this info!

Indeed I am a Brit....... but it is okay by me if I don,t get a kettle since I prefer coffee in the morning!!! Love a hot chocolate in the evening though!

Ta!

C;)arol

Coffee in the morning - agreed.

After dinner coffee = espresso martini

Chocolate night cap = chocolate martini

(spot the trend here ;))

And if you are so inclined, or reclined, you can become a member of the "balcony club." Just not while the ship is in port.:D

Wow, never thought, about at sea level. I have to ask, is it really better, than the Mile High Club ? :p

Vic

Now this is funny! I actually asked my CVS about the cameras, since I will be celebrating our 10yr anniversary. He specifically said that the cameras are facing out or away from the balconies. He stated that they are not allowed to face in towards the balcony due to privacy laws/issues. The cameras are for safety measures. I don't know if he just saying that in hopes hubby and I give security personnel a show. Lol:p:eek:

Here's hoping I don't end up on You-Tube:eek::D

In the balcony cabins when getting up later when the ship is already docking or docked be sure to peek out to see what is around you before going out on the balcony.

Early in the morning when docking in St Martin I had an interesting view. We had an aft facing balcony and we were docking aft to aft with one of the large Princess ships (Grand Princess?) that had already docked. It was only 30 or so yards apart it seemed. I was sitting on the balcony watching the ship dock when a man across the way on the Princess Ship walked out on his balcony without looking, lets just say that he obviously slept in his birthday suit. :eek: He made a hasty retreat back into his cabin when he looked up and saw the aft end of Mariner of the Seas looking at him. :D

Archived