Navigator formal night clashing with excursion?

Hi

I'm going on the Navigator eastern med cruise on the 8th of July. I've heard that the formal night is on the second night and we have pre booked our dining time for 6.30pm. Our excursion is due back to the ship at 6.15pm. Would it be possible to request a later dining time even though we don't have my time dining? I am really looking forward to dressing up but i'm worried we wont have time to make it and get into our formal clothes :(

Thanks in advance for any replies.

Unfortunately with Med cruises all excursions clash with formal nights and I expect everyone is in the same position. European people also eat way later than other cultures are used to so late sittings are popular. Can you change to MTD?

Hi

I'm going on the Navigator eastern med cruise on the 8th of July. I've heard that the formal night is on the second night and we have pre booked our dining time for 6.30pm. Our excursion is due back to the ship at 6.15pm. Would it be possible to request a later dining time even though we don't have my time dining? I am really looking forward to dressing up but i'm worried we wont have time to make it and get into our formal clothes :(

Thanks in advance for any replies.

We were on the Navigator in May. Formal night is on the third night, the sea day. While formal night is often on the second night, it's not on this cruise. There are some passengers that start and end their cruise in Sicily. That may be the reason for moving the first formal night to the third night of the cruise. I hope this helps.

Steve

You don't HAVE to eat in the dining room....but if you have traditional dining, you can't change your seating time.

Is the excursion through the ship? If not, and you have a private excursion, you can always ask them to cut it a bit short!

As I Fly said, the FN looks to have been changed to accomodate passengers. Med cruises are port intensive but there are sea days; they try to have FN on a sea day but I have been on cruises where they have either moved FN to another night entirely (even our waiter didn't know about the change), and they have had FN on a port day. Good thing is they are flexible - they want to be able to accomodate their guests and as we know, it's nice to be able to take the time to dress for FN if we feel like it.

Enjoy your cruise!

Formal nights are 3 and 6. The second formal night is a port day in Crete, but the ship sails already 2.30pm so there will not be any problems then either.

As others have said there are people boarding from Messina also.

Hence you do not have problem anymore! Yey! :D

Hi missp27,

are you interested in joining the Roll call for this cruise:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1610770

And did you register for the Meet & Mingle? We still need some folks to reach the required amount of pax...

beolink

I've just registered me and my mum for the meet and mingle, what goes on at these? apparently there's 19 of us now.

We went to one on our last cruise. It was very informal. Just a chance to have a cocktail and socialize. It was a lot of fun! We got a little goodie from RC and there was a give away. They had munchies for us. I hope we have enough for the official one. Be sure to sign up if you are on the July 8th sailing!!!:D

Archived