Freedom of the Seas for 7, 9 & 15 Y.O.

Repeates

Hi,

We are getting excited about our upcoming cruise in March and I was hoping to find some sample activities (Compass) for these ages. Also, did you usually dine early, then go to the shows with the kids, then off to kids clubs after?

Thanks!

We took our kids on this ship last year. It was terrific. Dine early and the wait staff can move it alone if you like. We did and worked well. Kids went to some of the shows and other times they just wanted to hit the Kids Club.

If you do a google search for "Freedom of the Seas Cruise Compass", I am sure you can find everything you are looking for. I'm even willing to bet someone has posted one from a cruise very recently.

In March due to spring break, there will be lots of families so you'll feel right at home. Enjoy!!

Awesome ship! My compasses from FOS are from the year FOS launched so a lot has changed since then ;)

I can tell you that generally on an RCI ship - we do main seating - then the kids head off to AO. They can't see a show - they would miss their own activities. And that is fine by them ;)

We did the earlier seating with my kids last time and are trying out the later seating this time.

Here is the reason for our change- you are not going to starve, you can find plenty of snacks to tide you over until later eating time. MOST IMPORTANTLY to us, the earlier time required us to "finish up" our afternoon activities earlier than we would have liked to get dressed for dinner. (eg. If we were enjoying the pool, we'd have to get showers; if we were in port, we'd have to rush to get ready, if we would not want to rush our port day; LAST, we'd have to leave the Flowrider before it closed :p:p

Our family had a fantastic trip and your will too!

We're on FOS in March (17) and can't wait!! I've seen a couple of the kids' program compasses posted but not sure where to find them. A search would bring them up for you though.

My kids (9 and 13) are so pumped about the kids' clubs....they've both cruised a couple times before and know how much fun they have with all the new friends they meet.

Maybe we're on the same cruise? Have fun counting down the days :D

If the kids are into the kid's club activites, then early seating is best....late seating means they will miss a good portion of the activities in the evening.

Agree 100%...the organized activities (boys vs. girls sports night, for example) will take place during the late seating.

Thank you for the information. We have My Time Dining for that very reason of being flexible if things come up. I was just looking at the show times and was wondering if our kids are even going to want to come with us, since they will have the clubs/activities? I'm also wondering which shows the kids would really love and shouldn't miss on Freedom?

Heading South, yes, we're on the same cruise :D We are so excited and it really helps me get through the winter with this to look forward to! I was out running errands today and it was 17 degrees while I was looking for misc. cruise items:)

My kids have always loved the magic shows. Since there's no payment for show tickets, I just got tickets for everyone for everything. Last time my older child came to a few shows, my younger was in kids club til closing every night.

SarahD.......What were the ages of your kids when you went and did they enjoy the clubs? Were there some other events that they really liked and shouldn't be missed ( parades, etc) ?

They were 5 and 8 the first time on Mariner, 8 and 11 second time on Freedom...Hannah (younger) loved the Kids Clubs. She is all about playing, 24/7. The Kids Club does a pirate parade one night that they are the stars of, and she loved that. They both liked to see the parades that came down the royal promenade. My older one, Zach, went to a few of the shows because he wasn't into whatever the kids were doing in his age group a few nights. He is more reserved and it's hard for him to make friends that quick. He's all about team competitions and game nights, but passes on watching movies and karoake type events. The magic shows are good, and the comedian should have one show that's family friendly, which my kids found very funny...even Hannah, who didn't get all the jokes. :) the Shrek character have been added since we've last sailed, so can't give you any info there. Oh, there was also a family scavenger hunt, which was great. We had a great time running around the ship together looking for items on the list. Got the bronze medal!

We went on Freedom last year with our kids 6,11,15. The each had a blast. My 15 year old loved the teen club blackjack tournament, my 11 year old had private flowrider lessons, which she loved and we couldn't get our 6 year old to leave adventure ocean. We chose the early dinner seating and it worked well. If you are doing western caribbean then stingray city in grand cayman is a must and noochi cocom beach in cozumel was a wonderful place for kids, lots to do and not crowded. The dragon tail coaster in labadee is a blast for all ages, buy the unlimited pass it will get used. Have fun

We went on Freedom last year with our kids 6,11,15. The each had a blast. My 15 year old loved the teen club blackjack tournament, my 11 year old had private flowrider lessons, which she loved and we couldn't get our 6 year old to leave adventure ocean. We chose the early dinner seating and it worked well. If you are doing western caribbean then stingray city in grand cayman is a must and noochi cocom beach in cozumel was a wonderful place for kids, lots to do and not crowded. The dragon tail coaster in labadee is a blast for all ages, buy the unlimited pass it will get used. Have fun

Thank you for the great info. We were thinking about going to Playa Palancar in Cozumel to avoid the crowds, but I like the idea of the pool for the kids. How was the food and service at Nochi? Did you take the boat out to snorkel?

Archived