Pacific Star

rockie

Does anyone know if the Star left Auckland last night? The cams still show her as in port. We were in Auckland yesterday so went down to the wharf for a looksee. We were walking down to get to the viewing deck at the Hilton and a man handed me a boarding pass. I was tempted to take it and see if I could get onboard.

Does anyone know if the Star left Auckland last night? The cams still show her as in port. We were in Auckland yesterday so went down to the wharf for a looksee. We were walking down to get to the viewing deck at the Hilton and a man handed me a boarding pass. I was tempted to take it and see if I could get onboard.

Hi Rockie

I understand that the ship was starting to pull out and leave, however an announcement was made to passengers that the ship had a technical problem and would be tying up again at the wharf, where she still remains at this time.

I heard that information on the radio at 5.30am today after a passenger had phoned the radio station.

Regards

Roland

2002 Pacific Sky (September from Sydney)

2003 Pacific Sky (September from Sydney)

2004 Pacific Sky (August from Auckland)

2005 Pacific Sun (August from Sydney)

2006 Pacific Sun (September from Sydney)

2007 Pacific Star (September from Brisbane) R735 "Week Fantastique":)

Just came over the radio that Pacific Star is "STUCK"

A caller to ZB talkback said they feel like prisoners on board as the ship was cleared for departure,so no one is allowed off.However he also added that they are all having a good time,even though they don't know what is happening.

The only official announcement from P&O is that the ship is delayed due to maintenance,and everyone is standing by for a further announcement in the next few hours.

Thanks for that info. I just heard it on Leightons programme too. I would be highly brassed off if it was me. BRING BACK PACIFIC SKY I say.:) I guess they will be getting some sort of refund. When I saw the ship yesterday, I thought if there were any first time cruisers they may be a bit nervous after seeing the condition of that ship.:eek: It looks like there has been no outside maintenance on her and all the rust is most offputting. Mind you, I would have gone if I could have got through, when that man gave me the boarding pass.:) When we were on the Sky, every port we called into the crew were painting the sides and cleaning up all the dirty bits.

A caller to ZB talkback said they feel like prisoners on board as the ship was cleared for departure,so no one is allowed off.However he also added that they are all having a good time,even though they don't know what is happening.

The only official announcement from P&O is that the ship is delayed due to maintenance,and everyone is standing by for a further announcement in the next few hours.

That sounds more like what has actually happened. I hope they get away soon. The poor old Star has had a bad New Zealand season this time around.

Roland

Gee, some people are dramatic aren't they? They feel like "prisoners". They've been on their less than 24 hours and it's not as if they're confined to their cabins:confused: They'd be "stuck" on the ship like prisoners even if they were at sea.

Karen

This on the One News NZ website

P&O passengers stranded again

Aug 8, 2007 10:29 AM

The P&O liner The Pacific Star is in trouble again.

It has been less than four weeks since the company was forced to cancel its cruise through the Pacific Islands after windows were smashed and the hull damaged in a severe storm.

Now hundreds of passengers are stranded at Auckland's Princes Wharf and the plug was pulled on its planned departure on Tuesday afternoon.

P&O says the ship has been delayed due to maintenance work.

A P&O spokesperson says they are waiting for advice from its technical team which is due shortly.

http://tvnz.co.nz/view/page/488120/1280978

P&O must be counting the days until they get rid of this poor old girl to Pullmantur.

Pullmantur must be wondering what they have done!!!

yeah, thanks for that Brad ! :rolleyes: Don't worry about the anxious first time cruisers waiting to get on the "poor old girl" :eek: in a few short weeks !!

Vanessa:)

Thats a very precise time.......

wonder why they need the extra 4 minutes?

Yes, I thought the same. Even when skyrules posted the time it was expected to leave this morning, it was 11:04:rolleyes:

Karen

Gee, some people are dramatic aren't they? They feel like "prisoners". They've been on their less than 24 hours and it's not as if they're confined to their cabins:confused: They'd be "stuck" on the ship like prisoners even if they were at sea.

Karen

I'd be quite happy and making the best of the situation! At least they are on the ship and having a good time, drinks, entertainment etc. I don't see why people would complain! They are on a cruise after all!! :) :) :D :D

I'd be quite happy and making the best of the situation! At least they are on the ship and having a good time, drinks, entertainment etc. I don't see why people would complain! They are on a cruise after all!! :) :) :D :D

Yes......but it it would be nice to know that you are going to go somewhere.

Reminds me of the year when Aurora was about to leave Southampton on her World Cruise and the engines broke down.Everyone was on board and the furthest they went was around The Isle of White,and the World Cruise was cancelled.

Yes......but it it would be nice to know that you are going to go somewhere.

Reminds me of the year when Aurora was about to leave Southampton on her World Cruise and the engines broke down.Everyone was on board and the furthest they went was around The Isle of White,and the World Cruise was cancelled.

Now that WOULD be dissapponting.

Karen

Please let the problem be solved.

Well she pulled out 5 mins ago before I read this thread.

I was excited then but now I am worried?

What if they could not fix it and she is off to the yards again well will wait for the phone call the way my life is at present:(

This does not look good

2002410507453620694_rs.jpg

She has has moved from the terminal at Princes Wharf and appears from the web cam to be heading for a berth at Queens Wharf......the next one along.

Why do they want to get her out of the way??????

This does not look good

Coz she's not leaving now until 12.04pm tomorrow.....:o or whenever... it's probably a cheaper place to park:eek:.....at least the pax have seen another port....:rolleyes: sorry....cheers shiona

She has has moved from the terminal at Princes Wharf and appears from the web cam to be heading for a berth at Queens Wharf......the next one along.

Maybe another ship is booked into the parking spot.

According to the ports of Auckland website no other ship is due to Princes Wharf in till the 15/08/07 [edit] I was just reading the tv3 website (see link below) & they said to make way for another ship.[/edit]

I guess the reason why they moved her to Queens Wharf is maybe for better access to her? Or to stop the public having a good look at her?

Archived