hotel with covered parking in Galveston?

39august

We may drive to our next Voyager cruise, but have a new vehicle and want to leave it in covered parking. I was told my a fellow cruiser last month that Moody Gardens has underground, covered parking and a shuttle to the port, but Moody Gardens web site is showing no rooms available for my dates. Does anyone know of another hotel that offers free covered parking for cruise guests?

You may try the San Luis Resort they have a parking garage. This hotel is on the pricy side. http://www.sanluisresort.com. I don’t know if they do cruise transfers.

Also try La Quinta Inn & Suites Galveston 8710 Seawall Blvd Galveston, TX 77554. I know they have a shuttle from there to the pier and back. You can park under the building but it is tight.

Finally the Port of Galveston has some covered parking http://www.portofgalveston.com/cruiseinformation/parking.shtml

• 4 weeks later...

The thing about covered parking at hotels is that it is usually for guest currently staying there. Usually, you have to move your vehicle to a specific lot for cruise parking when you check out to catch your ship. So just because a hotel has covered parking, that does not automatically mean you can leave your under cover unless you make special arrangements.

Archived